Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
    Completely agree. The Fantasy Grounds Community is everyone here on the forums, on the Discord, AND the people involved with Fantasy Grounds College.
    I agree. Branding yourself Fantasy Grounds Community doesn't recognize that you're a portion of a greater whole (and IMO the forums are the more important part of the community although you're invaluable in training new users!).

Quote Originally Posted by Fear Grounds View Post
    Fantasy Grounds College is Synonymous with learning how to use and improve the user experience in Fantasy Grounds.
    With the Classic client coming toward the end of it's life, you'll soon be able to use the FGC with no worry about confusion.
    I voted for Fantasy Grounds College to stay, but Academy would be my second choice.
    Last edited by bmos; June 15th, 2021 at 01:39.

Blog Entries
    I voted to keep it FGCollege. Though I like Moon's suggestion even better, Academy.

FGU no, already confusion with the product name is... annoying.
    Community, no. That implies you are all of the folks that gather about FG.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I agree, FG Academy sounds the best to me.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I voted for Fantasy Grounds College as I feel a change would likely create even more confusion. As time progresses and classic use fades the similarities will be less of a problem.

As a note, however, it would be nice to use a poll/vote system that doesn't have a bunch of ads. The forum has one already built in.

I almost voted to keep it College, but Academy is great.

Academy is great suggestion!
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I quite like FG Academy or FG College (the original) - in no particular order. I don't like FGU mostly because I was looking forward to not have to clarify which FGC now that classic is sunsetting and don't really think the possible mix-up would be good.
    Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

With no disrespect to anyone, i dont see the need to change it at all. Are we really at the point that intelligent enthusiasts of Fantasy Grounds will be confused or mislead between FGC as meaning fantasy grounds classic or fantasy grounds college.

I mean just my pov but i want the persons life who has so little responsibility or concern in their day to day that this throws them a loop or puts a "bad taste" in their mouth so to speak.

also in my little circle of player and dm friends we use the terms "classic" and "unity" more than saying the "fantasy grounds" part as thats implied by context.

Finally, FGC as Fantasy Grounds College has brand recognition. Many people spell it out and refer folks new to the vtt there. I've recommended dozens over the years of me using it. Again, i dont think many will be that confused.
    Last edited by Mytherus; June 15th, 2021 at 12:24.

I voted don't care, but I think I'll revise that opinion.

Changing to University is a bad idea. It removes any existing brand recognition and creates confusion in an unhelpful way. It's not the biggest deal, but if you're changing it anyway, why deliberately recreate a potential clash when you have the chance not to?

Leaving it as College keeps existing brand recognition and reduces the clash gracefully with time.

Community is a bad idea because the community is significantly bigger than the College part of it. Fantasy Grounds Community College would be fine - FGCC - but not sure how much value that has (does "community college" have bad connotations in the US?)

If you want a rebrand and refresh generally, now is a great time to do it as FG Classic goes and FG Unity becomes the platform going forward. FG Classic has a poor reputation in some circles for being overly complex and lacking functionality, and Unity is a great improvement. So why not take the opportunity to rebrand the College too?

Academy seems like a fine idea.

Cheers, Hywel

I like Fantasy Grounds Academy. Plus the initials will not be confusing with FGC or FGU.
    https://linktr.ee/BelleMuerte

Thread Information