FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    Colorful Language

    Current Version: 1.0.1

    Colorful Language is an extension for any CoreRPG-based ruleset that adds the ability to configure chat fonts, both for general messages as well as individually for each character and NPC. General font configuration may be accessed by the GM from the chat window radial menu. Character fonts may be configured from the radial menu of the chat icon on the character/NPC sheet. Pairs nicely with Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness Theme (support presently included in the theme's dev version).

    Check it out at GitHub and please let me know if you have any comments or concerns.
    Hope it helps!
    Last edited by MeAndUnique; June 14th, 2021 at 01:32.
    My creations: https://github.com/MeAndUnique/FantasyGrounds
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

  2. #2

  3. #3
    I like the options. Not sure I am seeing much difference in brown and black but it is most like on my side. It would be nice to have a black, bold as well as the black, bold, italic but otherwise easy yo use. Thanks!

  4. #4
    The provided font selection is from the ones that are built in to Fantasy Grounds for chat use. E.g. the "Black, Bold Italic" option is the one defined as "chatgmfont" in CoreRPG. However, it is relatively easy to add new fonts for selection. The following, added as an extension, will make "Black, Bold" available:
    Code:
    	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    	<root release="3.0" version="3">
    		<properties>
    			<name>Extra Font Example</name>
    			<loadorder>200</loadorder>
    		</properties>
    
    		<base>
    			<!-- New font definition, note the name.
    			It is also fine to use a font already defined in the ruleset (or other extensions), skip this and use the font name below. -->
    			<font name="blackboldfont">
    				<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/bold-10.fgf" />
    				<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Noto_Sans/NotoSans-Bold.ttf" name="Noto Sans Bold" size="16" />
    				<color value="#000000" />
    			</font>
    
    			<!-- This text is what you wish to see in the font selection drop down. -->
    			<string name="blackboldfontname">Black, Bold</string>
    
    			<script name="ExtraFonts">
    				function onInit()
    					if ChatManagerCL then
    						-- This adds a new option in the drop down for Colorful Language's font selection.
    						-- Interface.getString("blackboldfontname") grabs the text defined in the above string.
    						-- = "blackboldfont" associates the defined text with the desired font.
    						ChatManagerCL.availableFontNames[Interface.getString("blackboldfontname")] = "blackboldfont";
    					end
    				end
    			</script>
    		</base>
    	</root>
    My creations: https://github.com/MeAndUnique/FantasyGrounds
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MeAndUnique View Post
    The provided font selection is from the ones that are built in to Fantasy Grounds for chat use. E.g. the "Black, Bold Italic" option is the one defined as "chatgmfont" in CoreRPG. However, it is relatively easy to add new fonts for selection. The following, added as an extension, will make "Black, Bold" available:
    Code:
    	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    	<root release="3.0" version="3">
    		<properties>
    			<name>Extra Font Example</name>
    			<loadorder>200</loadorder>
    		</properties>
    
    		<base>
    			<!-- New font definition, note the name.
    			It is also fine to use a font already defined in the ruleset (or other extensions), skip this and use the font name below. -->
    			<font name="blackboldfont">
    				<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/bold-10.fgf" />
    				<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Noto_Sans/NotoSans-Bold.ttf" name="Noto Sans Bold" size="16" />
    				<color value="#000000" />
    			</font>
    
    			<!-- This text is what you wish to see in the font selection drop down. -->
    			<string name="blackboldfontname">Black, Bold</string>
    
    			<script name="ExtraFonts">
    				function onInit()
    					if ChatManagerCL then
    						-- This adds a new option in the drop down for Colorful Language's font selection.
    						-- Interface.getString("blackboldfontname") grabs the text defined in the above string.
    						-- = "blackboldfont" associates the defined text with the desired font.
    						ChatManagerCL.availableFontNames[Interface.getString("blackboldfontname")] = "blackboldfont";
    					end
    				end
    			</script>
    		</base>
    	</root>
    I will give it a try. Thanks!

  6. #6
    And as usual my theme fully supports this extension (see signature).
    ColorfulLanguage.jpg

    Grab the Dev Version in the Download section if you're interested. The stable release does not yet feature the tweaks added.
    Check out my dark theme for FGU! Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness!

  7. #7
    I am currently in the process of finding out what extension is conflicting when Colorful Language is enabled. I am getting [ERROR] Script execution [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/chat_entry_SW.lua"]:8: attempt to index global 'ChatManagerSW' (a nil value) which fires on load up and [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/chat_entry_SW.lua"]:77: attempt to call field 'resetAutocompleteMode' (a nil value) which fires anytime an entry is made win the chat bar. If anyone recognizes this conflict, please let me know. I will continue to test to narrow down where the conflict lies.

    Loaded Extensions.png
    Last edited by daggerfortysix; June 12th, 2021 at 17:52. Reason: Added Image
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by daggerfortysix View Post
    I am currently in the process of finding out what extension is conflicting when Colorful Language is enabled. I am getting [ERROR] Script execution [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/chat_entry_SW.lua"]:8: attempt to index global 'ChatManagerSW' (a nil value) which fires on load up and [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/chat_entry_SW.lua"]:77: attempt to call field 'resetAutocompleteMode' (a nil value) which fires anytime an entry is made win the chat bar. If anyone recognizes this conflict, please let me know. I will continue to test to narrow down where the conflict lies.
    The "SW" part is the biggest clue to my eye. That and the part about AutocompleteMode. So possibly an extension with a name or author with the initialis SW that adds chat features? Also, what ruleset are you using? That may help narrow down the pool of possibilities.
    My creations: https://github.com/MeAndUnique/FantasyGrounds
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

  9. #9
    Ruleset - D&D5e

    I narrowed down the conflict to Colorful Language and Syrinscape Sounds FGU. Clearly they both interact with the chat window and do not work with each other. With only those two extensions loaded the following errors trigger:
    - [ERROR] Script execution [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/chat_entry_SW.lua"]:8: attempt to index global 'ChatManagerSW' (a nil value) - which fires on load up
    - [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/chat_entry_SW.lua"]:77: attempt to call field 'resetAutocompleteMode' (a nil value) which fires anytime an entry is made win the chat bar.

    Attachment 47534

    Link for Syrinscape Sounds: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/301...pe-Sound-Links
    Last edited by daggerfortysix; June 12th, 2021 at 18:07. Reason: Added Link to Syrinscape Sounds
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by daggerfortysix View Post
    Ruleset - D&D5e

    I narrowed down the conflict to Colorful Language and Syrinscape Sounds FGU. Clearly they both interact with the chat window and do not work with each other. With only those two extensions loaded the following errors trigger:
    - [ERROR] Script execution [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/chat_entry_SW.lua"]:8: attempt to index global 'ChatManagerSW' (a nil value) - which fires on load up
    - [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/chat_entry_SW.lua"]:77: attempt to call field 'resetAutocompleteMode' (a nil value) which fires anytime an entry is made win the chat bar.

    Attachment 47534

    Link for Syrinscape Sounds: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/301...pe-Sound-Links
    Alright, thanks for tracking down the conflict I'll take a look and hopefully have a fix soon.
    My creations: https://github.com/MeAndUnique/FantasyGrounds
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
5E Character Create Playlist

Log in

Log in