DICE PACKS BUNDLE

NPC converter request

SW Maker is an amazing tool that I use in conjunction with the conversion that Zadmar's Savage Worlds stuff offers. Even before Savage Pathfinder I have always converted other systems (mainly Pathfinder and D&D) adventures for Savage Worlds. I mainly use Zadmar's Savage Worlds stuff and plug in the monsters stats and boom out pops a mostly complete monster that needs a little tweaking. I am not a programmer by any means but could somebody please make a monster converter for Fantasy Grounds? Obviously it wouldn't be perfect and you would have to tweak things around to get the "feel" of the creature right but something to just get the meat and potatoes. A bonus would be something that would work in conjunction with the Universal Module and would "automatically" convert monsters to Savage Worlds stats.
    When the GM smiles, it's too late!

ULTIMATE LICENSE GM

Quote Originally Posted by Whaley View Post
    SW Maker is an amazing tool that I use in conjunction with the conversion that Zadmar's Savage Worlds stuff offers. Even before Savage Pathfinder I have always converted other systems (mainly Pathfinder and D&D) adventures for Savage Worlds. I mainly use Zadmar's Savage Worlds stuff and plug in the monsters stats and boom out pops a mostly complete monster that needs a little tweaking. I am not a programmer by any means but could somebody please make a monster converter for Fantasy Grounds? Obviously it wouldn't be perfect and you would have to tweak things around to get the "feel" of the creature right but something to just get the meat and potatoes. A bonus would be something that would work in conjunction with the Universal Module and would "automatically" convert monsters to Savage Worlds stats.
    Why do you need one?

You just said you key the stuff into Zadmar and out comes an SWD NPC, you copy that to notepad tweak the formatting then SW Maker can read it, once you get it in FGU/FGC you can tweak as needed.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    Why do you need one?

You just said you key the stuff into Zadmar and out comes an SWD NPC, you copy that to notepad tweak the formatting then SW Maker can read it, once you get it in FGU/FGC you can tweak as needed.
    Because having it automated would save a lot of time. Especially if you have a bunch of conversions. Then you have to put them back into the adventure module for every encounter. Its not hard work by any means but it is time consuming that an extension should be able to do relatively easy I would think.

ULTIMATE LICENSE GM

I think Doswelk is saying SW Maker already does all that. Apart from working with Universal Module.

Now that Classic is going the way of the dinosaur maybe more import functions could be added to FGU though...

SW Maker only imports SW characters. You have to convert D20 to Savage Worlds and then us SW Maker to quickly import it from there. I'm just wanting a tool that does the converting and subsequent importing automatically...inside FGU.

ULTIMATE LICENSE GM

Oh lol. Good luck with that. Udemy has courses on Lua.

Blog Entries
    There's no such thing as a true "conversion" from d20 to Savage Worlds (or any other system) as they are too different and share practically nothing in common. Every "conversion" article/tool you find will actually be "adapting" monsters/NPCs from d20 and tell you to "adapt the general spirit" of that NPC into the other system, such as picking which Edges/Hindrances/Powers/Skills would most pull off the "general spirit" of that NPC in Savage Worlds, and every GM has their own interpretation of what the "general spirit" of any given NPC is and how they'd implement it in the other system.

In short, no, I seriously doubt Aki would devote any time to implementing code for systems he doesn't even use. Since Zadmar's site already has a 'Show Fantasy Grounds XML' option, I'd suggest using that.

Thread Information