STAR TREK 2d20

LF 1 Player for high level long standing 5e campaign set in the Isles of Moonshae.

The Campaign started two years ago in the streets of Baldur's Gate where its members were approached by two gentlemen in fanciful clothing seaking workers who would be available to survive the ocean depths. The motley crew of wave riders all having their own reason for wanting to leave the mainland, signed a contract with the two men to begin work for a salvage operation located on the Island of Snowdown. The area once held by pirates and northmen, in the last decade had been beseiged by the country of Amn and its merchant navy seeking a point of refuge between the mainland and Chult. The seas around the Moonshaes had always been ripe for crashed ships and pirate activity providing plenty of opportunity to strike it rich or drown below the waves.

The groups current composition includes two water gensai; one a Circle of the Moon Druid, the other a Cutlass weilding Tempest Cleric devoted to the Pirate God Valkur, an incredibly adept Dragonborn who began his life serving a fabled leviathin as a warlock lurker in the deep. The two latest persons to join the party of incorporated adventurers are a beautiful sea-elf healer with a devotion to Mystra and the weave and an ecletic Simic Hybrid artificer who specilizes in both alchemy and bringing constructs to life to assist the party. All of the group has cut their teeth fighting Sahaugin for the rights to sunken ships, fired cannons on galleons laden with pirates and treasure, chased a cult of devil worshipers through their patron city of Caer Westphael trying to avoid being pulled into politics and earned a right to hold a contract with Tunstal's Dredgers.

Our game is looking for 1 player set in an aquatic themed campaign within Forgotten Realms. The campaign and story line are homebrew with liberties taken with the aquatic rule sets highlighted in the PHB. This is due in part to 40% of the adventures taking place beneath the waves. For character creation all Wizards 5e books are allowed and UA materials from Wizards may be allowed if agreed upon first. The group is well rounded with 5 players so you can play what you like (I usually run 6-8 players). The main thing during character development is playing a race or class that at level 15 (the current level of the players) can survive days underwater. The game will run through level 20 and likely start anew there after.

If this sounds like a game you'd enjoy and you would be willing and able to commit to play for the next 9-12 months please drop me a line. We would enjoy having you at our virtual table.

Thanks,
    Scott

FG License: Ultimate Classic License
    Game System: 5e

Time Zone: Eastern
    Day of week and time: Saturdays 1-5pm (We understand things come up, weddings, vacations etc. please ensure that you can consistently commit to at least 3 games per month)
    If new game, planned start date: This is a long standing campaign
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 hour session held weekly
    Term: The campaign will run until the story ends likely levels 20 (6-9 months from now)

Text or Voice: We use Whatsapp to communicate during the week and Discord on game day.
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? There are no intentions at this time to record the game.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 40/60 while our game promotes roleplay and encourages players to take part in those activities it certainly is not manditory. What is more important is to understand that players actions carry consequence your backstory is important as are your goals and aspirations. Downtime between sessions is useful and imortant. Sometimes it is used as a way to delve deeper into investigation while other times entire scenes may play out in text form to move the story forward. Problem solving and critical thinking are as important as dice roll skill challenges which are used in game. Every session carries weight, even if not first recognizable at that moment. Combat is intense and meaningful. To borrow a phrase, the monsters often know what they are doing. They will use everything they can to ensure they win just like the players. That's not to say there won't be moments where combat is fluid and the goblins crumple quickly or run after a death or two but an illithid is more that stats he is a diabolical genius with the intellect of all those he devoured before. He can and will bring that to bare when facing a group of famous adventurers standing in their way.
    Number of Players in game & needed: Have 5 would really like one more.

Character starting level & equipment: Characters start at level 15, monies and magical items are randomly generated. The players can use said monies to perhaps buy magical items that are more reflective of their character make up.
    Character restrictions: All classes from 5e core books published by WOC are allowed. UA variations from from the Wizards website will be considered on a case by case basis. Races chosen should be mindeful that there will be an extreme amount of time spent underwater (Potentially days or weeks)

The last thing I would add is that we are a diverse group. We have players of various sexual orientations, we come from different countries and certainly have different points of view. Whats is important to understand is that on Saturdays from 1-5 est. there is a safe place where the outside world doesn't matter only imagination and your ability to let go and enjoy the story your character will bring to a rag tag band of dredgers on the open ocean near the isles or Moonshae.

Hi I would be interested! I have years of experience in 5e but have never played in a high level campaign before! if you could message me on discord that would be wonderful! Limbo#9011

I would be interested in the game. I've played D&D for about a year and a half and have used FG for the same. Can contact me at Kirien#2441 if there are any questions

I would also be interested in playing. I have played 5e and used FG for about a year and a half now.

I can be contacted at Kirien#2441 on discord

I was recently recruiting for a game and chatted with Kelain. Unfortunately I had too many great potential players and decided to go with others for the game, but I would encourage Angelcreed to chat with Kelain as I have little doubt that he would be a great player in your game.

58 year old who's played D&D since the beginning. Been playing via FG and DMing with it for 4 or 5 years. I have been dying to roll an Oath of Glory Triton since Mystic Odyssey was released.

Love meeting and getting to know new people from all parts of the world and walks of life. Your mention of the diversity of your group is what attracts me to the campaign most. Please feel free to PM with any questions.

Thread Information