FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

First time Pathfinder GM

Hey I'm trying to figure out what I need to buy to have my campaign run smoothly.
    I'm going to be running the age of Ashes campaign, so I'm buying all the chapters for that, beyond those what do I need to purchase the core rules? the bestiaries? Other? And any mods you recommend for helping it to run smoothly?

I have run a campaign in 5e in fantasy grounds this will be my first time running Pathfinder.

Thanks!

I've moved this thread from the Pathfinder Society forum. Pathfinder Society if Paizo's worldwide organized play campaign. Info on that here: https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety

Welcome to the FG forums @ragnarforge!

If you're going to run Age of Ashes completely as written, that is you won't be adding any side quests or making changes, then you won't need the bestiaries. You pretty much need the Core Rules to allow the players to more easily create their PCs. The other products are optional - Advanced Player's Guide, Lost Omens Character Guide and Lost Omens Gods and Magic, with the first two adding more options (classes and/or ancestries) for the players.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Welcome, ragnarforge.

And don't forget, if you own the PDFs from Paizo, you get a discount off of your FGU product. Just sync your FG and Paizo accounts.

And, I would peruse these forums regularly. So many questions you might have were probably already asked (likely by me) and then answered by the guys here.
    Questions about creature automation and character effects.
    And Trenloe has got some great tutorials on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    And Trenloe has got some great tutorials on YouTube.
    Under that name on YouTube?

Under Martin Blake, I think.
    They're very handy.

As someone who GM'd their first game last week, I can say that's about it. There are some optional stuff you might need, but not necessary. I have loaded ShadeRaven's (SR-U) Coding mod, which I'm not sure is fully redundant yet. I also use a Rob2e PF2 Conditions and Effects mod.

For extensions, there aren't many but I do use:

CoreRPG - ReadyCheck (though you can use the vote system in chat)
    CoreRPG - WoundOverlay, which just adds some nice blood splatter on the map tokens as they lose HP
    Drowbe's Chat Aesthetics Resplendant Configurator - Purely fluff for the chat window, but looks nice
    GMW Combat Tracker Session Number for some more info (again doesn't add any to the gameplay)
    Token Height Indication - This helps in showing the correct range when tokens are at different heights on the map.
    Window Saver - Which is great for remembering your open windows between sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    I also use a Rob2e PF2 Conditions and Effects mod.
    Has that been kept up-to-date? The only reference I can find to it is from September 2019, soon after ruleset release, and the PF2 ruleset (including conditions and effects) have changed a lot since then.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Probably not, but as a reference, it can be handy to have.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    Probably not, but as a reference, it can be handy to have.
    OK. If it hasn't been updated I wouldn't take it as a definitive resource.

Thread Information