FG Spreadshirt Swag

Scouting, revealing map and Group Vision

I like that my PCs can only see what they themselves see when their token is active. Invisibility, the orc around the corner, it enhances the emergence. My group gets a bit bored during scouting though, if Group Vision is off. How do others solve this?

My group don’t do scouting, they all stick together. If they did I imagine there would be a lot of descriptions by the scouts with lots of back and forth along with much drawing in the map. So it involves everyone.

But if your group isn’t like that then I’d suggest limiting the scouting and have them stick together.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I have heard some groups use a "Party token" with shared vision for exploring as well.

@Griogre
    When using a party token, can you limit the group vision to just that token? Maybe by selecting it after giving everyone ownership?

@Zacchaeus
    Scouting is part of the adventure. Otherwise the sneaky types don't get to sneak around. The thrill of discovery is nice too. You see players try and fail: too scary, someone else can do the scouting .
    Last edited by Milmoor; June 7th, 2021 at 07:19.

You can't limit party vision to one token. I'm not sure if turning on party vision - for just the scouting bit - and then turn it off again once the non scouts decide to move up would work or not. You can also add or remove tokens from party vision via right clicking on the tokens. You'd need to experiment a bit with some of the options and maybe a scouting token to see what you can come up with. I'm not sure whether any of this would relieve your party's boredom of scouting though.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    I like that my PCs can only see what they themselves see when their token is active. Invisibility, the orc around the corner, it enhances the emergence. My group gets a bit bored during scouting though, if Group Vision is off. How do others solve this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    Scouting is part of the adventure. Otherwise the sneaky types don't get to sneak around. The thrill of discovery is nice too. You see players try and fail: too scary, someone else can do the scouting .
    These are both true.
    The sneaky guys do like to do their thing.
    Unfortunately it can be at the expense of the other players enjoyment.

When playing without LOS my players didn't really mind some personal attention for the sneaker (which probably isn't a proper word in English for this . They get their own moments to shine. But when they can't see a thing on the map, so our remarks lack cutest, that gets boring fast.

Blog Entries
    Turn on Party vision, then during scouting they can unselect their tokens and see what's going on. When back to 'regular' then they can select their token and only see their own character LOS. For me, the metagaming info is ok, it's no more/less than they would see at the table with mini's and a map. I think sometimes we work too hard at "realism" in a fictional game

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information