STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 12 First 12345 ... Last
    I welcome this change, because now I have to worry for one program while doing layout. And I am sad, because /reload will take five times longer
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Voldran View Post
    How do we do this with Steam? And will the discount still apply? I've been wanting to upgrade for awhile, but I have a large paid library of Pathfinder material (Core Rules and Campaigns), and rebuying material is a waste of resources.
    DLC moves over automatically. Each DLC now has two parent app IDs within Steam, so they show up under FGU once you have FGU.

The upgrades on Steam are Complete the Set Bundles. It should recognize your previous purchase and grant you the 50% discount on the items you still have to purchase.

FG Classic - Standard Upgrade Bundle
    FG Classic - Ultimate Upgrade Bundle

I figured this would happen and don't really have an issue with this being the direction Smiteworks is going. My concern is that there's only be a 20 day notice but such is life I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    FGC is not deprecated; we're just starting the sunsetting process. FGC will continue to remain supported for now; just no new products will be released, and no new updates will be provided to DLC.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yeah, you are pushing a favored version of something...kind of the definition of deprecated????

to withdraw official support for or discourage the use of (something, such as a software product) in favor of a newer or better alternative
    The very fact that you will no longer release new DLC or updates to DLC amounts to the same thing as discouraging the use of FGC and the discounted price to upgrade is encouraging the use of a "newer or better alternative", whether you want to say that or not. Semantics

EDIT: I am not saying anything bad about this change...so don't get yer panties in a wad
    Last edited by deer_buster; June 4th, 2021 at 20:18.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Good news, for Smiteworks, the Community Developers that have to make 2 versions of everything and for the user base, because development can focus on just Fantasy Grounds Unity.

All win.

Quote Originally Posted by lonejedi View Post
    Is there a process in place for a Player to be able to buy their GM a discounted Ultimate Upgrade on the GM's account?
    The easiest way to do this is to have the player/group transfer the money to the GM, then you can purchase through your account and get the discounted price.
    Last edited by Fear Grounds; June 4th, 2021 at 21:40. Reason: Edited for accuracy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fear Grounds View Post
    The easiest way to do this is to have the player/group transfer the money to the GM, then you can purchase through your account and get the discounted price.

If your player has an ultimate license and they purchase the upgrade to unity, they can then gift the new license to you.
    You can no longer gift a bundle discounted item. That used to be the case, but it was an avenue for potential abuse that we turned off. For now, we don't have a great way to gift it to a GM other than sending them funds to make the purchase on their own.

Thanks. I just happened to think about looking at the upgrade-via-Steam route... and I think I see how that would work now
    -Lone Jedi
    (Jason)
    Savage Worlds Evangelist and Monkey of Coding

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    You can no longer gift a bundle discounted item. That used to be the case, but it was an avenue for potential abuse that we turned off. For now, we don't have a great way to gift it to a GM other than sending them funds to make the purchase on their own.
    That's good to know. Thanks for the clarification.

Fully support this decision. As a software engineer, I understand the difficulties placed on small teams maintaining legacy projects. Being able to focus on FGU 100% is going to be huge in terms of productivity.

Just hoping you guys will fix that rendering scaled displays issue ;-)

Thread Information