STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    There will be nothing new for FGC released by SmiteWorks after June 24th - be it new functionality to existing products or completely new products. This has been re-iterated throughout this thread and was also mentioned in the Developer Newsletter on June 4th (which I assume you receive).

If you have any concerns or issues then I suggest you raise them with your usual SmiteWorks contact - I assume James.
    I don t think you understood my question, Let me rephrase that:

why would a module converted with FGC not be compatible with FGC after the 24th of June? Unless i missed an e mail from James or other staff at SW telling me to convert with FGU only.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    It may or may not work with FGC - but the updater wont download it and install it for FGC.
    Thx mate, that s a lot clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Exceedingly good move.

Still grumpy that the actions tab is broken for mid-high level play in unity currently with god awful performance. But having one product to focus on gives me more confidence that it will actually be fixed at some point in time.
    My sister's group noticed this with 5e once we got past about level 12 or so. Our solution was that upon opening the actions tab, if you minimize the spell sections you aren't using, it frees up performance quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by readymeal View Post
    I don t think you understood my question, Let me rephrase that:

why would a module converted with FGC not be compatible with FGC after the 24th of June? Unless i missed an e mail from James or other staff at SW telling me to convert with FGU only.
    Ah, so you wanted a technical reason, rather than what functionally will happen. Glad @damned gave you the answer you were looking for. Either way, just in case others reading this aren't clear on this, my statement is 100% accurate and is what will functionally happen after June 24th.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Wow - gently there. I REALLY like FG and there are 'many' players who use it now because of me. However, your comment here, may well come over as a little harsh. To reference that "... this is probably not a main concern for you at the moment if you are out of work.", is actually rubbish. In work or out of work is not an issue - do you think that just because a person is out of work would not mean for example, that someone might buy them a new module as a gift??

In truth, I understand why you are making the change to Unity - let's be honest, it is likely not 'all' about functionality, it is a lot about money. And that's fine - you are doing a great job and deserve to be rewarded for the excellent work you do. I don't have a problem, but I don't need or want the changes you are making at all - I have both versions, but rarely use Unity. Classic is still better in many ways.

Please ensure that even without updates, you keep classic functioning. I am concerned that none of the new modules will fucntion under Classic - that might in the future, become a game changer for me, depending on how quickly the hassles of unity are sorted out.

Blog Entries
    The Classic game engine will not run on Mac, it's support on Linux is poor, and it does not do 64bit Windows well at all.

It is a technical issue first and foremost.

Microsoft doesn't support the hundreds of millions of Win7 installations out there any more. Technology is always running into obsolescence.

Despite all the magic users around Classic is on life support only. There is no cure for the limitations in the game engine.

Blog Entries
    The comment about out of work was in reference to not spending money that you don't have. There was nothing snide or demeaning in the comment.

Classic will work as long as the group is running the right operating systems and as long as no OS updates break it on those.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie Lord Noakes View Post
    Wow - gently there. I REALLY like FG and there are 'many' players who use it now because of me. However, your comment here, may well come over as a little harsh. To reference that "... this is probably not a main concern for you at the moment if you are out of work.", is actually rubbish. In work or out of work is not an issue - do you think that just because a person is out of work would not mean for example, that someone might buy them a new module as a gift??

In truth, I understand why you are making the change to Unity - let's be honest, it is likely not 'all' about functionality, it is a lot about money. And that's fine - you are doing a great job and deserve to be rewarded for the excellent work you do. I don't have a problem, but I don't need or want the changes you are making at all - I have both versions, but rarely use Unity. Classic is still better in many ways.

Please ensure that even without updates, you keep classic functioning. I am concerned that none of the new modules will fucntion under Classic - that might in the future, become a game changer for me, depending on how quickly the hassles of unity are sorted out.
    Its going to go. Eventually. Sooner the better in my opinion.

Not sure how to interpret some of your post so I won't bother trying.

Thread Information