DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

What to do after Lost Mine of Phandelver?

I am reaching out for a little bit of help here. My group is just finishing up with Lost Mines of Phandelver and want to continue on with their current characters on a new adventure. The problem is we can't commit for and adventure that lasts more than 3 months. The 4 characters (and an NPC) will be 5th level by then.

Is there any campaign out there on FG that keeps us somewhere along the Sword Coast that lasts for roughly 3 months?

Well the timeline in chronological order would be:

Out of the Abyss (1485 DR or later)
    Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Rise of Tiamat (1489 DR)
    Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden (Winter, 1489 DR)
    Storm King’s Thunder (1490 or 1491 DR)
    Lost Mine of Phandelver (Starter Set) (1491 DR)
    Princes of the Apocalypse (1491 DR)
    Curse of Strahd (1491 DR)
    Tomb of Annihilation (1490 or 1491 DR)
    Waterdeep: Dragon Heist and Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage (1492 DR)
    Dragons of Icespire Peak (Essentials Kit) (1492 DR)
    Candlekeep Mysteries (1492 DR)
    Descent Into Avernus (1494 DR)
    Acquisitions Incorporated (1496 DR)

But, if you are looking to stick around Phandelver then Dragon of Icespire Peak from the Essential Kit. Then you can move into Storm King's Thunder. That's just my opinion.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Depending how much you play, I would expect many of the full book adventures to take longer than three months. A few of the official adventures are comprised of shorter adventures though, which may work well for your time restraint.

Tales from the Yawning Portal has 7 adventures, you could start with The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan which starts at level 5. Depending on how long it takes you could continue on with the next adventure, White Plume Mountain. It might take a little work from the DM to connect these adventures together.

Candlekeep Mysteries might also be a great option. Its based out of a location on the Sword Coast, and it contains a bunch of adventures for individual levels. So you could pick up at the level 5 adventure and play as many as you can.

Disclaimer: I haven't run or read any of these.

Will STK take more than 3 months? That is what I have been looking at, but we all can't commit to a 6 month campaign, because of stupid work (gotta work to play D&D) .

Candlekeep Mysteries might be the way to go. Will need to look into that.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! Keep em coming if you have more.

If you can't commit to any of the big adventures (which will take many months to play) then you would be looking at some of the modules that collected smaller adventures together. These are (in no particular order) Ghosts of Saltmarch, The Yawning Portal and Candlekeep Mysteries.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

You might check out Storm Lord's Wrath, Sleeping Dragon's Wake and Divine Contention. Those adventures take place near Phandalin and make a good sequel to Lost Mines or Icespire Peaks (both being starter adventures in Phandalin). They are also relatively inexpensive as well.

STK? Assuming you mean, Storm King's Thunder - it's one of the most sandboxie of the D&D adventure paths being like 60% campaign guide and 40% adventure and it would be tough to run it in 3 months unless you put it on a very tight railroad.

Blog Entries
    I agree with esmdev. Look at Storm Lord's Wrath, Sleeping Dragon's Wake and Divine Contention. You can buy them when you need them, and they are not big investments in time or money. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...p?id=WOTC5ESLW

I wrote up summaries and you can read them here;
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonOfIce...m_lords_wrath/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonOfIce..._dragons_wake/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonOfIce...ne_contention/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

My group is running through Dungeon of the Mad Mage - There were indications the "Black Spider" went to Water Deep into the underdark - they followed up on that and went to the Yawning Portal.

Thread Information