DICE PACKS BUNDLE

"CT: Roll init each round" does not work with spells such Shield or Dodge

I'm have an issue with unity and I was hoping one of you could shed some light into it. I'm using the "CT: Roll init each round" option and I just noticed that spells with 1 round duration, such as shield, are not working properly. They duration is ether too short or too long. When you cast the effect on yourself it sets a duration based on your current initiative. for example, if your current initiative is 18, it sets the effect to expire on initiative 18. But then when you re-roll initiative in the start of a new round, if your roll is different than 18, the spell ether ends too early or last too long. I checked online and it looks like there is no solution to this problem aside from changing when the spell expires manually. Does anybody have the same issue, or am I the only person using "CT: Roll init each round" option in the server. Is there no way to code, "until the start of your next turn" in Fantasy grounds, must you do it manually?

I play with Roll init each round - and use Celestian's free extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Update-Effects

The extension changes the expired initiative each round. It does have limitations in that you need an effect to have a duration of at least one round.

Until the start of the character's next round effects can be handled by some other extensions but I don't use them.

Blog Entries
    I use this option, and we use FG's default behavior, where the spell duration is based upon initiative count. We like it that way. If one were to do it the other way, then you have the same problem (just in reverse), someone with an initiative of 1 in the first round casts shield, then next round they roll a 20 and their shield expires. Or it goes the other way, and they were a 20 and then the next round are a 1. The default behavior of FG is the spell lasts exactly one round (based on initiative count), it's just that each combatant may act at a different time in different rounds.

Either way you do it, when you re-roll init each round, spell durations have the chance to impact things for the better or worse. To us, that's just part of the chaos of combat, and we like it that way.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information