STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Script Error when Clients Connect

Hi,

My players get the below when they connect to my campaign now. I have no EXT and I have been playing this campaign since Oct 2020 I think. Any ideas? I already spoke with Celestian and he can't reproduce it as a ruleset error. He thinks my campaign is corrupted. Not sure how this could happen. Thank you

Please compile the logs and attach them here.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

When compiling logs, we need the logs generated in the application; and available via the "Compile Logs" button at the top of the console window that you posted a picture of earlier. Since the logs are only saved for one restart, they will probably be gone already.

Do you get the same error when connecting to your own game using a second instance?
    Can you get a compilation of the logs using the button I specified at the time it occurs; either locally or with the help of a player?

Also, if you post a zipped up copy of the campaign folder, we can see if anyone else is having the same issue with your campaign.

Regards,
    JPG

Yes, I get the same error when I connect, that's how I discovered it. Then I got my players to test it. Let me grab the logs.

Here are the complied logs. I will post a download link to my campaign zip shortly. Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

I tried a backup of my campaign from March and it works fine. The backup I have from my last session has the issue, so it must have happened during that game (May 22nd) or the next day (May 23rd), thats when I made a copy of the campaign folder.

I'm able to recreate the issue immediately; but the issue is inside a function that is attempting to update the Encumbrance of a PC which is very specific to the 2E ruleset code.

I think I will have to forward to @celestian to download the campaign and work out how to prevent encumbrance from updating for PCs which are not owned. Additionally, it looks like there are a lot of db.script.#.xml files being created by the 2E ruleset for some reason; so that might be something to be looked at as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Moving to 2E forum, so it @celestian has greater change to see it too, in addition to my email.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information