STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Is there a spreadsheet or an issue tracker for the ruleset somewhere that we can review? I've been spending some time over the past few weeks diving into ruleset code, extensions, modules, etc. and have expressed some interest in trying to fill in the gaps a bit for both Starfinder (SuperTeddy is a rockstar FYI) and PF2e (thank goodness for Trenloe, ShadeRaven, and the others working on PF2e). If there is an issue tracker (outside of the bug report thread - it can be difficult to tell what's still an open bug or issue sometimes), it would help me find areas that I could potentially come up with fixes and/or extensions to brush up my skills before applying with Smiteworks for the community developer program.

I'm playing in a SF group that is on a hiatus right now due to a player having real life interrupt, but I'm looking at helping the GM move from Roll20 to Fantasy Grounds when we resume - so I don't have as much exposure to SF in FG than I'd like to know where the current issues are, but have been getting caught up on the scripts and layouts.

I'd also be interested in potentially looking at what is necessary to support the Galaxy Exploration Manual

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanFalcon View Post
    Is there a spreadsheet or an issue tracker for the ruleset somewhere that we can review? I've been spending some time over the past few weeks diving into ruleset code, extensions, modules, etc. and have expressed some interest in trying to fill in the gaps a bit for both Starfinder (SuperTeddy is a rockstar FYI) and PF2e (thank goodness for Trenloe, ShadeRaven, and the others working on PF2e). If there is an issue tracker (outside of the bug report thread - it can be difficult to tell what's still an open bug or issue sometimes), it would help me find areas that I could potentially come up with fixes and/or extensions to brush up my skills before applying with Smiteworks for the community developer program.

I'm playing in a SF group that is on a hiatus right now due to a player having real life interrupt, but I'm looking at helping the GM move from Roll20 to Fantasy Grounds when we resume - so I don't have as much exposure to SF in FG than I'd like to know where the current issues are, but have been getting caught up on the scripts and layouts.

I'd also be interested in potentially looking at what is necessary to support the Galaxy Exploration Manual
    The only tracker available to the public is what you see in the bug report thread.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Odd, we put a LOT of money down on the promise of the future state of FGU. Are you saying we should just shut up and get what we get when we throw our hard-earned money at a product?
    The response from Doug and John has always been to buy the product for what it is today".
    I have seen this comment made over a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The response from Doug and John has always been to buy the product for what it is today".
    Except during the kickstarter, lol
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    Except during the kickstarter, lol
    That is what kickstarter is all about. Is there any thing that you feel is unfulfilled from the Kickstarter at this time?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    That is what kickstarter is all about. Is there any thing that you feel is unfulfilled from the Kickstarter at this time?
    LOL, wow

Your response to me about investing in the kickstarter was that we should spend our money on what it is "right now"...and then you say this? Are you on meds?
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    LOL, wow

Your response to me about investing in the kickstarter was that we should spend our money on what it is "right now"...and then you say this? Are you on meds?
    I really do not understand your point.
    It appears you are trying to debate semantics but I cant follow your point.

Lets break it down. You said
    ...Your response to me about investing in the kickstarter was that we should spend our money on what it is "right now"...
    What I actually said in response to "investing in the kickstarter"
    Quote Originally Posted by damned
    I wrote:
    in response to you saying
    Odd, we put a LOT of money down on the promise of the future state of FGU. Are you saying we should just shut up and get what we get when we throw our hard-earned money at a product?
    I see no mention of kickstarter in this thread at this time.

I wrote
    and you replied enquiring about my health?
    LOL, wow
    What is the response you are looking for here?
    Is this a perfect platform? Hell no. Ultimately this is a business venture. You have a finite number of resources and you allocate them where it makes most sense to you. Mixing hobby and business is always going to see friction where passion is not fully met by commercial reality.

It is my understanding that for some time you were working (maybe volunteering is the appropriate word?) on ruleset and/or content updates. It is my understanding that you are aware of how long it takes to build, maintain and improve a complex rpg system like this. For anyone else reading this - its not a trivial thing and it takes a particular skillset, a lot of determination and a lot of time. And its not just a complex system - its one that keeps getting more complexity added with each content addition.

I dont want to annoy you further than you already seem to be, Im just not getting your point.

Going to go ahead and close this thread. The ongoing debate does not add to the original answer already provided.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information