DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Savage worlds weird worlds product info request

Hello
    Do the Fantasy Grounds Savage Worlds Weird Wars products: Rome (Setting and Adventures) and Weird War ll (Setting and Adventures) have character sheet drag and drop functionality like more recent SWADE/Deadlands Weird West modules? How do these Weird Wars module behave when combined with SWADE?

Do the older Fantasy Grounds Savage World Companions (super, horror, fantasy, and space) have character sheet drag and drop functionality like the more recent SWADE modules? How do these companion modules interact with SWADE BASE?

Has the advent of the implementation of SWADE content in fantasy grounds significantly diminished/ superseded the companions value?

I'm not familiar with a Space companion, but I own the Science Fiction Companion, Fantasy Companion and Weird Wars II for FG. They all support character sheet drag & drop capability in FGC or FGU, whether you're using the SWADE or SWD ruleset. You'll notice that Guts is no longer a Skill and that it no longer shows up on Extras' stat blocs. As I mentioned in a recent thread, the only issue I've had with them is that ACC and Climb are removed from vehicles. That wouldn't be a problem for most GMs and players, but when using the SFC and WW II I always use a houserule for atmospheric vehicles / aircraft that references those stats. I just use the SWD ruleset when I use either of those and adjust for SWADE rule changes as we play.

I don't have any FG experience with WW Rome, Horror Companion or the Supers Companion, but can't see any reason why they'd be any different.

[Edit] I didn't note your last question so much when I replied, but for me SWADE was more of a parts overhaul for the the rules than a new features edition. It did add Quick Encounters, broke out some previous Knowledge skill specializations into 5 skills, added about 20 new hindrances and number of new social edges (much needed), but not a lot else. I did however make big changes to Race creation, Character creation, Chases and Powers - I personally didn't care for some of the changes made to the latter. Nothing in all that supersedes the content in any of the companions though; they're still very much as valid as ever. I also don't think changes in SWADE has diminished them. Powers being the one possible exception and space combat encounters as ruled in the SFC are different and much improved and enhanced by the new SWADE chase rules.
    Last edited by kronovan; June 3rd, 2021 at 20:39.

thank you for your insights

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcuser View Post
    Do the Fantasy Grounds Savage Worlds Weird Wars products: Rome (Setting and Adventures) and Weird War ll (Setting and Adventures) have character sheet drag and drop functionality like more recent SWADE/Deadlands Weird West modules? How do these Weird Wars module behave when combined with SWADE?

Do the older Fantasy Grounds Savage World Companions (super, horror, fantasy, and space) have character sheet drag and drop functionality like the more recent SWADE modules? How do these companion modules interact with SWADE BASE?
    All Savage Worlds settings DLC supports drag/drop; it has been a feature long before SWADE was a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcuser View Post
    Has the advent of the implementation of SWADE content in fantasy grounds significantly diminished/superseded the companions value?
    No more so than at a real table... the Companions are written for Deluxe (SWD) so you and your players will need to make any SWD-to-SWADE adjustments. Pinnacle has been in the process of developing and writing all-new SWADE editions of the Companions. When PEG releases them, they will also be available in Fantasy Grounds but not as free updates, as they will be entirely new products with a new SKU.

Thread Information