FG Spreadshirt Swag

Replacing map images in a module

I'm running the Ghosts of Saltmarsh campaign with a group of friends. One of the things I would like to do is replace the black and white maps with ones I create in DungeonDraft. I am pretty confident that I can get the maps the same size as the originals. So I hoped to find the original jpg files, make back ups, use photoshop to ensure my new images are scaled correctly, then copy over the original files. In this way all the walls, line of sites, pins etc will still be there, but on a better looking set of maps.

Unfortunatly I can't seem to find where the original maps are stored. Can anyone advise how you find them?

Many thanks.

Ajantear.

They are locked in the vault. So you won't be able to overwrite them.

You can add your maps on top of the originals as another layer. Turn down the opacity of the original layer and you can line it up with the LOS pretty easily.

Hi Eltym, that was my first plan, but after adding a paint layer I could not work out how to add the image. Is there a way to add another jpg layer?

Make sure that your new map is either in the global images folder or in the images folder inside your campaign folder. Then open the original map; click on assets and navigate to wherever you saved the new map and drag it from there and drop it onto the existing image. This will create a new layer with the new map on it. You'll then need to resize the image until it exactly fits over the old map.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Thank you. This worked. It was dragging the image from the image folder in the application I was getting wrong. Of course my maps are far too big, and whilst you can re-size them in Fantasy Grounds it is not easy to get them lined up. I had hoped to get the original images at original size, so I could match them perfectly in photoshop, however it seems the orignal jpegs are wrapped up on dat files which of course are password protected.

Does anyone know a way of seeing how large an image is, in pixels, in Fantasy Grounds?

Ah, never mind. Figured out a way. By making the original map as big as possible, it reaches a max size. Taking a screenshot of this, I was able to work out that the pixel size of the grid squares was 50px. As DungeonDraft lets you specify the output size by pixels per square, I was able to export it at the right size. A little carefull possitioning later and it works perfectly.

Thank you to everyone who responded. This is going to let me make some much better full colour maps for the campaign.

Thread Information