5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 64 of 68 First ... 14546263646566 ... Last
    Version Update: 4.10

Feature: Change state added a change state cycler in the CT, powers, custom effects window. Change state tags are all the tags that Activate/Disable/Remove an effect on start or end of turn. Should see better performance on change of turn.
    Feature: DUSE which disables effect when it is used added to the Apply cycler
    Feature: Option to Deprecate Change State tags. You need to enable this for the performance gains however the Change State tags will no longer work so you'll have to have all your change state done via the cycler.
    Notice: At some point in the future Change State tags will be deprecated and removed. Since this is such a big change there will be a few months worth of grace period.
    Fixed: [SDC] not calculated correctly for warlock
    Fixed: Tag SDC not adding bonus to [SDC] on replace

Testing the cycler on the provided Dodge example (from the Forge page) and I can't get it to work properly. I think I've got it set-up correctly, but the effect drops off immediately once the actor's turn is over (as opposed to the start of their next turn). Please see attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hjorimir View Post
    Testing the cycler on the provided Dodge example (from the Forge page) and I can't get it to work properly. I think I've got it set-up correctly, but the effect drops off immediately once the actor's turn is over (as opposed to the start of their next turn). Please see attached.
    Yeah I noticed that too. Bad logic, I posted an update

Version Update 4.11
    Fixed: Logic for change state cyclers
    Fixed: SAVEA
    Fixed: (RA) not removing
    Changed: RTE will not add +1 dur
    Last edited by rhagelstrom; March 22nd, 2023 at 15:28.

Great! I'll test again once the update becomes available.

Having an issue with calling custom effects using SAVEADD or I've made a mistake.

Pathfinder 1e generic poison automation

Poison; SAVEA: 34 FORT (R); SAVEE: 34 FORT; SAVEADD: CODN
    CODN; CON: -1d3 // in Effects window Custom box

It's not adding CODN on failed save. It will add preset conditions like "Stunned." Any ideas? Also, 1e poisons end after 2 successful ongoing saves, usually. Is there a way to increment successes or is it better to pass it through a third effect to stage it?

Quote Originally Posted by NathanielGM View Post
    Having an issue with calling custom effects using SAVEADD or I've made a mistake.

Pathfinder 1e generic poison automation

Poison; SAVEA: 34 FORT (R); SAVEE: 34 FORT; SAVEADD: CODN
    CODN; CON: -1d3 // in Effects window Custom box

It's not adding CODN on failed save. It will add preset conditions like "Stunned." Any ideas? Also, 1e poisons end after 2 successful ongoing saves, usually. Is there a way to increment successes or is it better to pass it through a third effect to stage it?
    Never mind, I got it to work. I was trying to test the effect generically from the custom effects window, but it seems I need an actor on the CT to make it work.

I used:
    Poisoned Blades; SDMGADDT: Poison; // On poisoner while attacking with poisoned weapons
    Poison; SAVEA: 34 FORT (R); SAVEE: 34 FORT; SAVEADD: CODN; // placed on poisoned actor when damaged.
    CODN: CON: -1d3; // called as failure penalty for the poisoned party

I'm thinking about using something like
    Poison; SAVEA: 34 FORT (R); SAVEADD: CODN; SAVEADD: Poisoned; SAVEADDP: Poisoned1S//set duration=1
    Poisoned; SAVEE: 34 FORT; SAVEADDP: Poisoned1S; SAVEADD: CODN;
    Poisoned1S: SAVEE: 34 FORT (R); SAVEADD: CODN; // 1 successful save (in a 2 save scenario)

And using this iterate for Poison2S and so on for the number of required saves to end the poison. Is there an easier way to do this? Bonus question, when a player gets a second dose of poison they already failed a save against (is actively affecting them), what is supposed to happen per RAW is the two doses are combined into one with whichever duration is greater and a SDC 2 higher per dose. Any way to do that?

Version Update 4.12
    Fixed: Change State cycler SDS not working

I noticed with the BCE extension enabled that effects that PCs apply to NPCs are sometimes adding +1 to the round duration when it shouldn't. For example, with an effect with a duration of 1 round, and "Change State?" set to None, the effect applied to the NPC has a duration of 2 and isn't removed at the start of the PCs turn as it normally would be without the extension: Duration.jpg. However, the behavior doesn't seem consistent, sometimes it adds +1, sometimes it doesn't.

Also strange, is that it seems having the NPC "Effects" list expanded changes the behavior. For example:
    1. With NPC Effects List minimized, drag effect from PC to NPC, duration of +1 is added
    2. With NPC Effects List expanded, drag effect from PC to NPC, duration is not added (as expected): EffectsListExpanded.jpg
    3. Minimize NPC Effects List, drag effect from PC to NPC, duration of +1 is not added now: EffectsListMinimized.jpg
    4. Expand NPC Effects List, delete all 3 effects, minimize Effects List
    5. With NPC Effects List minimized, drag effect from PC to NPC, duration of +1 is added again

Better Combat Effects v4.12
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    I noticed with the BCE extension enabled that effects that PCs apply to NPCs are sometimes adding +1 to the round duration when it shouldn't. For example, with an effect with a duration of 1 round, and "Change State?" set to None, the effect applied to the NPC has a duration of 2 and isn't removed at the start of the PCs turn as it normally would be without the extension: Duration.jpg. However, the behavior doesn't seem consistent, sometimes it adds +1, sometimes it doesn't.

Also strange, is that it seems having the NPC "Effects" list expanded changes the behavior. For example:
    1. With NPC Effects List minimized, drag effect from PC to NPC, duration of +1 is added
    2. With NPC Effects List expanded, drag effect from PC to NPC, duration is not added (as expected): EffectsListExpanded.jpg
    3. Minimize NPC Effects List, drag effect from PC to NPC, duration of +1 is not added now: EffectsListMinimized.jpg
    4. Expand NPC Effects List, delete all 3 effects, minimize Effects List
    5. With NPC Effects List minimized, drag effect from PC to NPC, duration of +1 is added again

Better Combat Effects v4.12
    I'll take a look at it to see if something is a miss. It should add +1 to DUR when change state is set to RS, RE, SRS, SRE and DUR not 0 to account for having these process correctly and remove the effect at the appropriate point in time. Conversely it should remove 1 from the DUR when the previous change state was one of the above listed.

Version Update 4.13
    Feature: Effects Migrator
    Fixed: CS none with duration sometimes increasing duration

READ THIS
    The Effect Migrator will move your current campaign BCE tags that change state over to the new cycler. I HIGHLY recommend you make a backup of your campaign before you perform this operation as there is no undo.

I've migrated my campaigns over with no issue however that doesn't mean there isn't an issue that I missed. If you find anything wrong please report it.

You'll also notice it may want to rewrite effects that have nothing to do with change state. It is probably due to extra whitespace or extra ; at the end of the effect. That is perfectly normal but again please review the report before you migrate.

The reports are generated uncategorized story entires for both preview and migrate. You probably want to delete those if you are exporting modules or are happy with the outcome.

Thread Information