5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 57 of 70 First ... 747555657585967 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by GEONE View Post
    I think there may be a miscommunication. I am asking this as a request of the extension author to increase compatibility with other extensions that might modify getDamageAdjust. This would not help you with the problem you posted.
    Oh, I gotcha, thanks - I totally misunderstood.
    Last edited by Thanatos0042; August 28th, 2022 at 16:49.
    "You're just jealous the Voices speak to Me!"

- Ultimate License Holder and long time DM currently running D&D 5E.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos0042 View Post
    Hi there, I've just recently updated everything and think I have found a problem - I'm just not sure what mod it's in.
    I narrowed it down to Better Combat Effects and 5E (and more) Equipped Effects FGU

What happens is, it duplicates effects for some custom items that have effects added to them. It doesn't do it for ALL items, only some items - but it always does it with the same items. Even if I delete them and make them new.

In this case, it's an item called Dawnbringer. Note the effect loads up beside the read eye and again at the bottom of the load.

I can disable BCE and the problem goes away, so I can only imagine the reverse is true too.

Attached is the picture.

thanks
    Think I'll need more information. Are you using the 5E Automatic Effects modules with Equipped effects? I'm not sure which module Dawnbringer is in so I'm having trouble reproducing. There is not anything obvious that stands out to me as the cause by looking at the image you posted.

Version Update: 2.59
    Changed: Damage adjust for extension compatibility
    Changed: Save icon to dull shield

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Think I'll need more information. Are you using the 5E Automatic Effects modules with Equipped effects? I'm not sure which module Dawnbringer is in so I'm having trouble reproducing. There is not anything obvious that stands out to me as the cause by looking at the image you posted.
    They mentioned custom effects so it could be something that is homebrewed.. Dawnbringer is weapon in Out of the Abyss, I believe, but we haven't currently release code for that adventure.

That being said, I'm noticing that there is both a visible and non-visible version being shown here.. Since you can't have both states simultaneously, thinking that it's getting more than one thing.

If you are using only BCEG and EE, there is nothing inherently BCEG about your effect there.. You have a just have a single custom effect called "Dawnbringer"... If you search your custom effects for that phrase, do you get only 1 hit? Even if there was more than 1, it should match and apply just the first one it finds, not multiples.

Yes, I am using the Automatic Effects mods with Equipped effects extension.

Dawnbringer is a custom item, not from any module. That item is just what I happened to notice the issue with

Quote Originally Posted by dbachen View Post
    They mentioned custom effects so it could be something that is homebrewed.. Dawnbringer is weapon in Out of the Abyss, I believe, but we haven't currently release code for that adventure.

That being said, I'm noticing that there is both a visible and non-visible version being shown here.. Since you can't have both states simultaneously, thinking that it's getting more than one thing.

If you are using only BCEG and EE, there is nothing inherently BCEG about your effect there.. You have a just have a single custom effect called "Dawnbringer"... If you search your custom effects for that phrase, do you get only 1 hit? Even if there was more than 1, it should match and apply just the first one it finds, not multiples.
    Yes, it's homebrewed, not from Out of the Abyss.

Yes, the red eye on one instance the other where the player can see it, as in my screenshot.

Yes, when I do a search for the word "dawn" than the "Dawnbringer" I created only shows up as a single instance. I've deleted it, checked again with no results and then created it again, just to ensure I didn't double up on it.
    Last edited by Thanatos0042; August 29th, 2022 at 02:40.

If you send me your campaign that is having issues or can tell me how to reproduce in a fresh campaign I'd be happy to take a look

I created a fresh test-campaign and was still able to reproduce the effects. I am happy to send that. How do I get it to you?

I created a fresh test-campaign and was still able to reproduce the effects. I am happy to send that. How do I get it to you?
    You can either post it in this thread or send me a direct message with it attached.

I have no ability to attach it in a pm, so here it is.

mods: Automatic Effects
    Extensions: Equipped Effects & BCE

Clean campaign - with the character Saena who has the item "Dawnbringer". Dragging and dropping her onto the CT results in the duplication.

thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have no ability to attach it in a pm, so here it is.

mods: Automatic Effects
    Extensions: Equipped Effects & BCE

Clean campaign - with the character Saena who has the item "Dawnbringer". Dragging and dropping her onto the CT results in the duplication.

thank you.
    The problem appears to be the effect is malformed (extra spaces and a , instead of a; between the DMG clauses. It should be
    Code:
    Dawnbringer; LIGHT: 10 FFFAFA; IFT: TYPE(undead); DMG: 2d6 radiant; DMG: 6d6 fire
    BCE does some pre-processing of effects using some FG parsing functions and those same functions clean some things up in formatting when it is stuck back together. Apparently EE doesn't do that and it also appears that EE is looking for an exact string match of the entire effect, so since they aren't exactly the same EE is going to add it again.

Thread Information