STAR TREK 2d20
Page 20 of 70 First ... 10181920212230 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by charmov View Post
    That's awesome! I'm a bit ignorant but what would be the point of having it set to ON, is it just so players don't accidentally use two concentration effects?
    That is correct. With it ON, if they cast a 2nd spell that needs concertation it alerts us to that and ends the early effect. This helps me so I don't have to remember all the spells that have concertation and which ones have been already cast and by who. There are other ways to handle this and this is by far not the only way but it is the way that works for us.

All, been busy lately with life but we have an update:

Version Update: 2.9
    Added SAVEADD: Add effect on failed save
    Added SaveADDP: Add effect on successful save
    Added settings option to take into account duration for concentration

Thanks @MeAndUnique for contributions! I'll see if I can find some time soon to get caught up on things.

Quote Originally Posted by charmov View Post
    Just s heads up that if you're experiencing issues with multiple target concentration spells like BLESS, the effect expires immediately when "single concentration" is set to ON in the game options. The concentration setting must be set to off and then effects like BLESS will not expire immediately for all targets.

Thanks for this great extension!
    Agreed. This extension is invaluable, but I discovered the situation that you described above when one of my players was trying to cast Faerie Fire and the spell kept ending for all except one target. It'd be nice if enforcing the "single concentration spell" rule didn't also catch multi-target concentration spells in its web.
    Last edited by BushViper; November 10th, 2021 at 05:52.

Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    Agreed. This extension is invaluable, but I discovered the situation that you described above when one of my players was trying to cast Faerie Fire and the spell kept ending for all except one target. It'd be nice if enforcing the "single concentration spell" rule didn't also catch multi-target concentration spells in its web.
    What are/is the effect string(s) you are using?

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    What are/is the effect string(s) you are using?

The standard code from the Automatic Effects package. # Faerie Fire (Blue); GRANTADVATK; (C); LIGHT: 0/10 0000FF; 'npc'

Version update 2.10
    Fixed 5E Concentration not correctly restricted when multiple targets and duration is in minutes

Version update 2.10
    Fixed 5E Concentration not correctly restricted when multiple targets and duration is in minutes
    Thanks for the fix! Much appreciated!

I PM'd you about it several weeks ago, but it seems you've been busy and I guess you missed it.

Thanks again for the fantastic extension. It really is invaluable.
    Last edited by BushViper; November 10th, 2021 at 17:54.

Version update 2.10
    Looking forward to testing it out. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Alyksandrei View Post
    About the concentration limiting function: If I set it to "on", where it restricts concentration to a single spell, then some spells like Hunter's Mark don't work properly - they require an effect on the caster and an effect on the target, with both effects marked as concentration (to expire properly), and the extension treats them as separate spells and expires the first when you apply the second. But if I toggle the concentration setting to "off", then my players can have multiple concentration effects from different spells on at the same time, and we have to actually remember to check. I always make sure my players preface effects with the name of the spell/ability that grants them, such that spells like Hunter's Mark have effects that all start "Hunter's Mark;" followed by whatever actual effects-coding is required. Is there a way to have the extension check for that and make an exception to the "only one concentration effect per caster" rule?
    I can losen the restriction up to only use the effect Tag instead of the entire effect name itself which I think might be sufficient

Quote Originally Posted by Slagmoth View Post
    However, temporary hit points are an extension of you by RAW and if you take damage to them you are still taking damage as noted in the rules and clarified in Sage Advice Compendium

https://media.wizards.com/2020/dnd/d...Compendium.pdf
    This is probably fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Slagmoth View Post
    I would also suggest changing the default for "Restrict Concentration" to "ON" as well.

It is always a good idea to default options to the RAW rather than what you do at your tables, it is just good practice from a development stance... I would have lost a bit of time had I noticed this weird behavior during a combat as I tracked down the issue to fix it.
    Originally this was on but there was pushback to off. I'm fine with it off as it behaves as vanilla FG. People can enabled it if they feel the need.

Thread Information