Starfinder Playlist
Page 55 of 68 First ... 545535455565765 ... Last
    Version Update 2.55:
    Fixed: More guards around delayed expire for EXPIREADD support
    Fixed: Adjustment for [SDC] as first option in ongoing saves

Version Update: 2.56
    Fixed: DMGADD tag family not working from client

Version Update: 2.57
    Changed: Forced ongoing saves to use new mod format. Will re-write effects with old format as new format
    Fixed: Conflict with Constitutional Amendments on string contains
    Added: Guard to protect against malformed effects

Would you maybe consider getting rid of the goofy life preserver icon that appears in chat when a saving throw is made with this extension enabled. Or at least have an option to disable it, or have it only appear when a BCE saving throw is made instead of all saving throws?
    It seems very out of place.
    Last edited by GEONE; August 12th, 2022 at 19:14.

Hello,

Forgive my ignorance here, but I'm interested in this extension and would like a bit of info as to what it's useful for. I've read through this forum and such, but can't wrap my head around exactly what I would use it for.

Could anyone summarise how this would improve my play as a DM, please? Please help out a numpty.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier7 View Post
    Hello,

Forgive my ignorance here, but I'm interested in this extension and would like a bit of info as to what it's useful for. I've read through this forum and such, but can't wrap my head around exactly what I would use it for.

Could anyone summarise how this would improve my play as a DM, please? Please help out a numpty.
    This ext adds extra coding effects you can apply to spells or features/actions etc that are not normally in FGU.

Example:
    Cloak of Displacement.

Code:
    Cloak of Displacement; Displaced; GRANTDISATK; TURNAS; DMGDT: all
    So this would turn off the effect "GRANTDISATK" when the person takes damage, and also turn it on at the start of their turn.

Normally in FGU this type of coding couldn't be done without this EXT because TURNAS and DMGDT: all are not coding effects native to FGU. Only GRANTDISATK is native to FGU.

TURNAS = ACTIVATE effect on the START of the Actor's Turn
    DMGDT: - = DEACTIVATE effect when the Actor takes damage. ("all" part = when any type of damage is taken)

So without these extra coding effects, you would have to manually remove the effect each time the player or creature using this item gets hit. This type of stuff is often forgotten and tends to bog down game play when people have to remember to do it and manually do it.
    Adding in these extra coding features and knowing how they work can automate a lot of the basic magic items and spells in FGU.

Big example of this is ongoing saves part. You can Hold Persons spell and instead of each round trying to remember that so and so has hold person on them and they get a save, you can drop an effect on them and forget about it, it just works.

To be honest a lot of this stuff should ALREADY be placed into the coding features as part of FGU. However, until then we have Ryan coding this awesome EXT adding in these much needed coding effects to help us all automate D&D a lot more.

Hardest part of this is getting it set up for people to use the correct spells. Which is also why I high suggest getting 5E Automatic Effects modules if play 5E.
    Last edited by MrDDT; August 16th, 2022 at 22:50.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Thank you, very well explained and very much appreciated

Good Day Rhagelstrom
    I seem to be having an issue with the Cloak of Displacement. It is not removing after receiving damage, it was working in the past. This is the effect and tested in a clean campaign.
    Cloak of Displacement; GRANTDISATK; TURNAS; DMGDT

Thanks

Please disregard!
    I just noticed in MrDDT's post there is the addition of :all to the end of the effect, this made it work again
    Last edited by Bonkon; August 17th, 2022 at 22:48.

I'm experiencing the same issue with SAVEA that I've read in this thread previously. Previously reported issues were addressed with a fix but I can't help but wonder if it broke again.

Aura: 5 all; Moonbeam; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVEA: CON 13 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 2d10 radiant

The result is many saving throws and respective damage dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by septantrionalis View Post
    I'm experiencing the same issue with SAVEA that I've read in this thread previously. Previously reported issues were addressed with a fix but I can't help but wonder if it broke again.

Aura: 5 all; Moonbeam; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVEA: CON 13 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 2d10 radiant

The result is many saving throws and respective damage dealt.
    I would expect that behavior. Unfortunately because of how the one shot tags expire after being used and how aura calculates if it should add an aura, the best I can say currently is ... don't do that. I'll see if I can think of a solution

Thread Information