5E Character Create Playlist
Page 60 of 69 First ... 10505859606162 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    First off, love this extension. I have a question. I have characters that now have the ability that if they take damage and go to zero HP they can use a class/subclass feature to instead be at 1hp. I am using better combat effects as well as the exhausted extension (among many others). Now I get there's a character decision point to say I want to use my x ability or they may not have any uses left, so unfortunately it's not an absolute it happens or doesn't. If it would work through an effect, I could have them activate/drop effect before I drop damage and if it didn't knock them out either remove it or leave it if they planned on using it for the next blow coming through. It may just be able to sit on a character, they may always want it to work if they are heading to 0, especially since we use exhaustion to prevent yoyo. What I am trying to avoid is that the party member goes to 0, exhausted puts on the prone condition and if they regain HP the exhausted condition, as well as their token goes down (indicators extension) on the map and I have to unravel it each time.
    Given how the code is structured in that area, this is a deceptively difficult problem. As MrDDT said, I believe the new Trigger Me Timbers solves this.

Figured I would post a screenshot on how to do it in TMT; I did this for relentless Endurance, but you can change it to whatever you name you want, You can also do it with a trait vs an effect. I like using the effect so it can remove it once it's done and only have it come back on a long rest.

Relentless Endurance TMT.jpg

Version Update: 2.65
    Fixed: Effects Builder DMGCS and SAVEO

This is a shot in the dark since it's not exactly what this extension is for, but would you consider coding a new effect that allows you to add/subtract from the proficiency bonus, such as "PROF: 1" or what-have-you? Currently, nothing lets you interact with it, and there are some fun things one could build into games if they could unlock that number, like skill drain features similar to older editions.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingAzureCrow View Post
    This is a shot in the dark since it's not exactly what this extension is for, but would you consider coding a new effect that allows you to add/subtract from the proficiency bonus, such as "PROF: 1" or what-have-you? Currently, nothing lets you interact with it, and there are some fun things one could build into games if they could unlock that number, like skill drain features similar to older editions.
    Proficiency would affect a lot of things. Is that the actual ask to modify specific skill?

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Proficiency would affect a lot of things. Is that the actual ask to modify specific skill?
    It is not. The ability to fully affect one's proficiency bonus is what I'd want. I should have said level drain rather than skill drain (you can already affect skills). I know it's a niche ask, but it would unlock a function that, strangely, FG doesn't already allow.

Version Update 4.0 - Refactor
    Feature: BCE saves support (RA) which will remove the effect on a failed or successful save
    Feature: DMGR will now stack with itself
    Under the Hood: Moved signifgant code around to more fall in line with the FG paradigm and pipelines. Should be easier to maintain and less prone to errors
    Under the Hood: Added a binary sorter for better performance when searching custom effects window with a lot of effects.

If you are an extension dev and are hooking into BCE, you are likely broken

Version Update: 4.1
    Fixed: Saves for Pathfinder not working

Found a conflict with this extension and Kelrugem's Full overlay and automation
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1/view
    The conflict involved rolling attacks and damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimil508 View Post
    Found a conflict with this extension and Kelrugem's Full overlay and automation
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1/view
    The conflict involved rolling attacks and damage.
    I'll take a look at it. sorry for the conflict.

Thread Information