FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 50 of 68 First ... 40484950515260 ... Last
    Version update: 2.45
    Fixed - Exhausted conflict when using Advanced Effects
    Fixed - Client script error using Requested Rolls with ongoing saves 3.5E/5E

Celric Emboldening Bond

''bond creatures within 30 ft of you and give them bonuses once per turn if within 30 ft of other bonded creature''

- # Emboldening Bond; ATK: 1d4; CHECK: 1d4; SKILL: 1d4

Any one have coded this one with BCE and Aura?

thanks
    Last edited by plap3014; May 22nd, 2022 at 15:23.

Quote Originally Posted by plap3014 View Post
    Celric Emboldening Bond

''bond creatures within 30 ft of you and give them bonuses once per turn if within 30 ft of other bonded creature''

- # Emboldening Bond; ATK: 1d4; CHECK: 1d4; SKILL: 1d4

Any one have coded this one with BCE and Aura?

thanks
    Isn't an aura effect since you only get to apply it to a certain number of creatures. Since the recipient gets to choose what they get the bonus to, the entire thing isn't really something that can be automated

understand! thanks for your quick reply.

Trying to create a string of effects for the Heat Metal spell (3.5E) so that once the initial effect is placed on the spell target, it will progress each round without any need for player/DM intervention. I'm having trouble with the EXPIREADD effect;

Initial spell effect: Heat Metal; warm no damage; EXPIREADD: Heat Metal R2 (duration 1 round)
    round 2 effect: Heat Metal R2; DMGA: 1d4 fire; EXPIREADD: Heat Metal R3 (duration 1 round)
    round 3 effect: Heat Metal R3; DMGA: 2d4 fire; EXPIREADD: Heat Metal R4 (duration 1 round)....etc

When the first EXPIREADD effect triggers, it adds the second effect twice. Also, when I added the third custom effect to the chain, the first EXPIREADD triggers ALL of the subsequent effects at the same time - and all of them twice. It doesn't exhibit this behavior if I use the standard conditions in the added effect, nor does it do this with custom effects when I include standard effects, for instance if the second effect is written like this: Heat Metal R2; AC: 2; EXPIREADD: Heat Metal R3 then it gets added only once and the rest of the effects in the chain don't fire. As soon as I add one of the effects from BCE (such as DMGA, SAVEA, etc.) though, it wants to add the new effect twice.

Hoping someone can tell me if I'm doing something wrong here.

I'm running other extensions, but I tested without them and it does the same thing.

Edit: Figured I should add what shows up in the chat log when this happens (all this happens as soon as the initial spell effect expires):

Effect ['Heat Metal R2; DMGA: d4 fire; EXPIREADD: Heat Metal R3'] -> [to Greenblade] [by Wizard]

Effect ['Heat Metal R2; DMGA: d4 fire; EXPIREADD: Heat Metal R3'] -> [SINGLE MOD USED] [on Greenblade]

Effect ['Heat Metal R2; EXPIREADD: Heat Metal R3'] -> [SINGLE MOD USED] [on Greenblade]

Effect ['Heat Metal R3; DMGA: 2d4 fire; EXPIREADD: Heat Metal R4'] -> [to Greenblade] [by Wizard]

Effect ['Heat Metal R3; DMGA: 2d4 fire; EXPIREADD: Heat Metal R4'] -> [SINGLE MOD USED] [on Greenblade]

Effect ['Heat Metal; EXPIREADD: Heat Metal R2'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Greenblade]

Effect ['Heat Metal R2; DMGA: d4 fire; EXPIREADD: Heat Metal R3'] -> [to Greenblade] [by Wizard]

Effect ['Heat Metal R2; DMGA: d4 fire; EXPIREADD: Heat Metal R3'] -> [SINGLE MOD USED] [on Greenblade]

Effect ['Heat Metal R2; EXPIREADD: Heat Metal R3'] -> [SINGLE MOD USED] [on Greenblade]

Effect ['Heat Metal R3; DMGA: 2d4 fire; EXPIREADD: Heat Metal R4'] -> [to Greenblade] [by Wizard]

Effect ['Heat Metal R3; DMGA: 2d4 fire; EXPIREADD: Heat Metal R4'] -> [SINGLE MOD USED] [on Greenblade]
    Last edited by timberbeast; May 23rd, 2022 at 03:53.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Version update: 2.44
    Support for Effect Builder Extension by @SoxMax (5E/3.5E/PFPRG)
    Fixed - Tags DMGAT,DMGDT,DMGRT were missing from documentation
    Fixed - EXPIREADD still needed additional attention
    Fixed - TDMGADDS was not working as intended with IFT

If you want to use the effect builder you will need both the effect builder extension and the effect builder extension for your ruleset.
    STURNRE, STURNRS, and TURNRE (possibly others, I just know those for sure) also don't work with IFT

Isn't an aura effect since you only get to apply it to a certain number of creatures. Since the recipient gets to choose what they get the bonus to, the entire thing isn't really something that can be automated
    You could technically do it by setting the aura to OFF on all creatures that you don't want to effect, but that sounds like a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco1029 View Post
    STURNRE, STURNRS, and TURNRE (possibly others, I just know those for sure) also don't work with IFT
    I'll need a specific example on these. Might be intended.

I'll need a specific example on these. Might be intended.

For example:

Cascading Blast; IFT: CUSTOM(WHATEVER); SAVE: -1; STURNRE

does not work, but

Cascading Blast; SAVE: -1; STURNRE

does.

Though, to be clear, the former does work in that it causes the save to be penalized against someone with that Custom condition, but it does not end at the proper time per STURNRE

Quote Originally Posted by Falco1029 View Post
    For example:

Cascading Blast; IFT: CUSTOM(WHATEVER); SAVE: -1; STURNRE

does not work, but

Cascading Blast; SAVE: -1; STURNRE

does.

Though, to be clear, the former does work in that it causes the save to be penalized against someone with that Custom condition, but it does not end at the proper time per STURNRE
    I'm still unclear. SAVE isn't a targetable tag and neither is STURNRE. What is the text of what you are trying to accomplish?

Thread Information