STAR TREK 2d20
Page 68 of 68 First ... 1858666768
    Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    HI,

we have identified in house of healing smiteworks forum (after new update) the following error messages after opening an encounter/ NPC:

[3/7/2024 12:45:05 PM] [WARNING] windowclass: Window class (advanced_effect_editor) defined with merge attribute, but asset name does not match existing asset. [BetterCombatEffects] [utility/utility_effects_advanced.xml]
    [3/7/2024 12:45:05 PM] [WARNING] windowclass: Window class (advanced_effect_editor_main) defined with merge attribute, but asset name does not match existing asset. [BetterCombatEffects] [utility/utility_effects_advanced.xml]

Pleaase be so kind and check if you can adjust somwhow.

Thanks

Micael
    The warnings are fine. What is going on is BCE is trying to modify Advanced Effects extension for the change state cycler but Advanced Effects isn't loaded so it prints out a warning message.

Quote Originally Posted by claedawg View Post
    ???I thought I saw this answered on another post???
    Was the target immune to prone? If that is not the answer I'd like know the answer if anyone has it.
    Yes target was Immune. Answered in BCEG thread.

I'm trying to make an effect for Mythic Hideous Laughter that is in PF1e.

Mythic Hideous Laughter; Prone; SAVES: [SDC] WILL (R); SAVEDMG: 1d6 nonlethal; SAVEADDP: Mythic Hideous Laughter 1 Save
    Mythic Hideous Laughter 1 Save; Prone; SAVES: [SDC] WILL (R); SAVEADDP: Prone;

I have a couple of questions.
    Where does Mythic Hideous Laughter 1 Save go?

If I use what I wrote above as a single effect what I end up with is two rolls right away and an effect of Prone applied on a successful save for either of the rolls.
    If both saves fail the SAVEDMG gets done twice.

If there is a better way to do this please let me know.

I'm not familiar with the text of the spell so it is hard to say give any advice.

None mythic version of the spell:
    This spell afflicts the subject with uncontrollable laughter. It collapses into gales of manic laughter, falling prone. The subject can take no actions while laughing, but is not considered helpless. After the spell ends, it can act normally. On the creature's next turn, it may attempt a new saving throw to end the effect. This is a full round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. If this save is successful, the effect ends. If not, the creature continues laughing for the entire duration.

The above is modified in the following ways for the mythic version:
    A creature of a type different than your own doesn’t gain a bonus on its saving throws against this spell. The affected target laughs so hard it hurts, and takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage each round it spends laughing.

If the target fails its initial save, it must succeed at two follow-up saving throws (each a full-round action that doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity) to end the spell. Succeeding at only one save means the spell no longer deals damage, but the target is still unable to take actions.

So, the target of the spell is prone through out the spell and has to make two consecutive saves for the spell to end early.
    The 1st save stops the 1d6 nonlethal damage. The second save stops the spell leaving them prone.

What I wanted to do was to have the first effect doing an ongoing save, 1d6 damage for a failed save and prone.
    The second effect be an ongoing save and prone, a successful save would leave an effect of prone.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    I'm trying to make an effect for Mythic Hideous Laughter that is in PF1e.

Mythic Hideous Laughter; Prone; SAVES: [SDC] WILL (R); SAVEDMG: 1d6 nonlethal; SAVEADDP: Mythic Hideous Laughter 1 Save
    Mythic Hideous Laughter 1 Save; Prone; SAVES: [SDC] WILL (R); SAVEADDP: Prone;

I have a couple of questions.
    Where does Mythic Hideous Laughter 1 Save go?

If I use what I wrote above as a single effect what I end up with is two rolls right away and an effect of Prone applied on a successful save for either of the rolls.
    If both saves fail the SAVEDMG gets done twice.

If there is a better way to do this please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    None mythic version of the spell:
    This spell afflicts the subject with uncontrollable laughter. It collapses into gales of manic laughter, falling prone. The subject can take no actions while laughing, but is not considered helpless. After the spell ends, it can act normally. On the creature's next turn, it may attempt a new saving throw to end the effect. This is a full round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. If this save is successful, the effect ends. If not, the creature continues laughing for the entire duration.

The above is modified in the following ways for the mythic version:
    A creature of a type different than your own doesn’t gain a bonus on its saving throws against this spell. The affected target laughs so hard it hurts, and takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage each round it spends laughing.

If the target fails its initial save, it must succeed at two follow-up saving throws (each a full-round action that doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity) to end the spell. Succeeding at only one save means the spell no longer deals damage, but the target is still unable to take actions.

So, the target of the spell is prone through out the spell and has to make two consecutive saves for the spell to end early.
    The 1st save stops the 1d6 nonlethal damage. The second save stops the spell leaving them prone.

What I wanted to do was to have the first effect doing an ongoing save, 1d6 damage for a failed save and prone.
    The second effect be an ongoing save and prone, a successful save would leave an effect of prone.

You are going to run into an issue because of the double save thing is not normal.

You are likely going to need to SAVEADDP with IMMUNE to the first effect from the first roll. But keep adding a secondary effect each round/savecheck.
    Also because they are prone the whole way thru, you can add that as a secondary effect without being part of this spell checks. Prone is a weird because it pretty much always has to be manually removed when someone choses to stand up.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

I think I understand what the problem is. Fantasy Grounds sees the ";" in it and is parsing those as new effects.

If it was done this way:

Mythic Hideous Laughter; Prone; SAVES: [SDC] WILL (R); SAVEDMG: 1d6 nonlethal; SAVEADDP: Mythic Hideous Laughter 1 Save| Prone| SAVES: [SDC] WILL (R)| SAVEADDP: Prone

Using "|" instead of ";" in all the parts of the SAVEADDP they will be included in it by FG.
    When the code in SAVEADDP runs it will take everything between SAVEADDP: and the next ; as it's text. You then go and replace all of the "|" with ";" and create the new effect with that new string.
    So Mythic Hideous Laughter 1 Save| Prone| SAVES: [SDC] WILL (R)| SAVEADDP: Prone becomes Mythic Hideous Laughter 1 Save; Prone; SAVES: [SDC] WILL (R); SAVEADDP: Prone
    The [SDC] in the secondary effect should have already been changed by the code for that to the numeric value.

My two cents.

As it currently stands I'll do two effects with the second one to be applied manually after the first one drops.
    Last edited by rmilmine; March 24th, 2024 at 05:26.

Thread Information