DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.2.4

MGT2 v1.2.4

Hi Folks,

So v1.2.3 is finally done and with SW. So you should see it soon, so I've started to plan v1.2.4.

This version was based on a quick poll to find out what should be the focus of this version and Power Management & Criticals took the win. This isn't complete but I am going to release this version to address the two bugs.

• Adding PC ships to the Party Sheet Fixed the issue that stopped ships 'showing'. Note you WILL get an error when the ships are shown in the PS (they were being transferred just not shown). Remove the ship and add them back in.
    • NPCs added to CT Fixed the issue that Humanoid NPCs would be transferred without any 'Health', ie Dex/End/Str of 0.
    • Class field Ships will now allow a Class field to be entered, ie the Far Trader can be A2 or Empress-Marava. I will modify Core Rulebook and High Guard to include these, plus overtime modifies any adventure.
    • PC Ships As the Party Sheet should start to work I've removed the Cargo Tab and have more a few things around to make the PC Ships Sheet smaller.
    • Ship Systems To make the ship sheets smaller I've moved the 'Details' from the main tab into their own 'Systems' tab, this applies to PC Ships and NPC Ships.
    • Ship Power Management On the PC ship you have Total Power and Current Power. When the Ship is first loaded it will try and detect these, they can be overridden.
    • Ship Mortgage Information On the PC ship you now have Mortgage Remaining and Payments Remaining. These are free for the Referee to enter in such information.
    • Ship Criticals A basic criticals system is now in the Referee's SCT and the Players SCT.
    • Ship Criticals Options There are 2 options for the Ship Criticals - Automatically roll for Spacecraft Criticals and Apply Sustained Damage based Criticals - both of them using the 'Yes' default.
    • Ship Crew Morale Added 'Crew Morale' under the Crew text box. There's also a DM that will roll a Crew Morale check.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; June 13th, 2021 at 22:32.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hey MBM, saw you post on twitter showing how ship crit’s appear in the combat tracker, nice.

Quick question, when the crit is rolled, does it automatically update the ship, example, 1D hull damage, or reduce power 10%, or do the players/gm have to adjust manually?

Quote Originally Posted by johnecc View Post
    Quick question, when the crit is rolled, does it automatically update the ship, example, 1D hull damage, or reduce power 10%, or do the players/gm have to adjust manually?
    Morning, a good question.

Some things, ie '1D Hull Damage' is nice and easy to automate, but lose 10% of fuel isn't so easy, especially if fuel isn't be tracked.

So I suppose it comes down to, what automation to do players want, and should beyond reporting a critical (and it being listed against the ship) it be an option to 'automate' those?

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I would like to see some of the easier criticals to be added (ie. Hull, armour, and power plant). The rest is okay for the players or GM to handle. However, and i know this might be tricky but the weapons critical would be super nice to have aswell. Since that is a part of the sheet. (Maybe have the weapon powered off if it takes a critical to disable it?). Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bigrat View Post
    I would like to see some of the easier criticals to be added (ie. Hull, armour, and power plant). The rest is okay for the players or GM to handle. However, and i know this might be tricky but the weapons critical would be super nice to have aswell. Since that is a part of the sheet. (Maybe have the weapon powered off if it takes a critical to disable it?). Thanks!
    Hey Bigrat,

Thanks for the input. I have decided to add a new option called 'Automate Ship Criticals' so that Referee's get the choice.

We could at a later date possibly fine tune the options, so you can have 'Hull' but not 'Weapon'.

However you gave me a good idea, add a status to each mount and if the status is disabled then stop the player from using that weapon, that shouldn't be too hard and I like it as Weapon Crits are the things that really cripple a ship in a fight.

Cheers,
    MBM

This might be the wrong place to post this, but aasssssss long as i have you here is ship combat going to be done through the combat tracker? where the players can see the status of enemy ship(s) and chose the targets they want to fire weapons with?

@bigrat That's already functional is the SCT (Spacecraft Combat Tracker).

Do you have examples of it not working? If so I'd post screenshots in the Bug Report thread.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Report-Thread

Hi,

Yes SCT has been available for a good while now, released just before High Guard. There's a big update coming next Tuesday.

You drag PC Ships into the Party Sheet Ships Tab, drag the players into the 'Crew' section and on their Character Sheets they get access to that ships actions (currently only weapon actions) but that's expanding over time to include more.

Cheers,
    MBM

ah sorry, i am about to start my a new traveller campaign on FGU in these coming weeks. The last time I played traveller in fantasy grounds is right after supply catalog was implemented into the module. It was great fun, but I wanted high guard to be released before I continued to the campaign. this is good news

Quote Originally Posted by bigrat View Post
    ah sorry, i am about to start my a new traveller campaign on FGU in these coming weeks. The last time I played traveller in fantasy grounds is right after supply catalog was implemented into the module. It was great fun, but I wanted high guard to be released before I continued to the campaign. this is good news
    The ruleset has had numerous improvements since the release of CSC. Definitely worth some exploring before you run your game.

Thread Information