STAR TREK 2d20

Mad Nomad's Consumable Items

Hi all. Released my newest extension...

Mad Nomad's Consumable Items

Updated to Forge

Description:
    Links your actions and your inventory, so when you use potions, rations, torches, scrolls, or anything you can think of really, it'll automatically mark it off your inventory. It will also post to chat when someone uses an item and tell them how many they have left. Check the video.

Product Link:
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/140/view

MNMConsumableItemsCover.jpg
    Last edited by MadNomadGM; August 16th, 2021 at 15:18.

Is it only for D&D5e or for any system?
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

I've only tested with 5e. I believe some aspects should work for core RPG but not positive. I'll add to my list to try to make it generic.

Love the concept so I'm trying to figure out what all I need to achieve my aims.

-This extension removes consumables but only if you take the time to create an action for the consumable with the exact name.
    -If you add the Automatic actions tab extension, then consumables will be placed into actions for you.
    -BUT only if you have all of the Rob2e code bundle as well?

Assuming I have all of this correct, that's like $120ish... nice, but not that nice.

If I JUST want rations and potions to automatically add to the actions sheet (and be consumable), what all do I need to buy?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    Love the concept so I'm trying to figure out what all I need to achieve my aims.

-This extension removes consumables but only if you take the time to create an action for the consumable with the exact name.
    -If you add the Automatic actions tab extension, then consumables will be placed into actions for you.
    -BUT only if you have all of the Rob2e code bundle as well?

Assuming I have all of this correct, that's like $120ish... nice, but not that nice.

If I JUST want rations and potions to automatically add to the actions sheet (and be consumable), what all do I need to buy?

Thanks!
    Ya I know what you mean.
    The extension on its own will add rations to the sheet. And if you create a potion power manually, it will automatically give it the consume feature.
    If you want potions to automatically show up on your powers list when you add them to inventory, you will need my Automatic Actions Tab extension.
    You can get that to work without Rob's effects if you want, by manually creating a spell one time in the custom spells list for whatever potion types you want. Once created, it'll work automatically for everyone for the whole campaign. My video on the Automatic Actions extension shows that as an advanced feature.
    For the super easy solution, without having to create anything manually, you'll need Rob's effect package that contains potions. You won't need all his effect packages.

Still a little pricey but it works well. My thanks!

One small request: If the person doesn't have, say a ration, left can it not put the effect "Consume Ration" on the player?
    It would be nice to know that they didn't actually have food with out having to verify in chat that someone was out of food...otherwise it appears that they had food and ate.

Ya Ill see if I can get something like that working

Thread Information