DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

When buying the image packs for mapmaking....

does that give me rights to the images I create with them? I know when you use the subscription it is only valid while the subscription is running, but if you buy the individual packs am I able to use them to make maps and modules that contain them?

Yes, for your own use.

Well you can export it but anyone using the map would also require the same assets you used to create the map. So it's only useful for personal use.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As an example, a few users are sharing maps they've made with FG artwork here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...odule-Exchange They can do this because they're sharing the reference to the source graphics, not the actual source graphics - so they're only useful to someone else who has the same sources.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, That is a tad unfortunate, as I am evaluating tools for a project and I love FGU for running my games and I was really hoping the map making would fit my needs. I really love the work you guys are doing with this program.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RationalSolutions View Post
    Yeah, That is a tad unfortunate, as I am evaluating tools for a project and I love FGU for running my games and I was really hoping the map making would fit my needs. I really love the work you guys are doing with this program.
    Yea, I agree with you on this. I too would love to use FGU for my map making. But the licensing restrictions are prohibitive for my use case, distribution. It leaves me with using CC3+ for my efforts, and then adding LOS, Effects and vision after the fact in FGU.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yea, I agree with you on this. I too would love to use FGU for my map making. But the licensing restrictions are prohibitive for my use case, distribution. It leaves me with using CC3+ for my efforts, and then adding LOS, Effects and vision after the fact in FGU.
    As FGC is now about to be sunset, i just began to build a map in FGU with some of those assets and i find it really useful and easy to use.
    Itīs for an AD&D Module about to be published in the FG Store.
    But what youīre basically saying is i canīt use Assets i bought in the FG Store to build a map in FGU for a Module about to be published in the FG Store?
    So i still have to return to third parties and add LOS etc afterwards? Please say i just misunderstand things....

That is the way that I am understanding things.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterZwerg View Post
    As FGC is now about to be sunset, i just began to build a map in FGU with some of those assets and i find it really useful and easy to use.
    But what youīre basically saying is i canīt use Assets i bought in the FG Store to build a map in FGU for a Module about to be published in the FG Store?
    So i still have to return to third parties and add LOS etc afterwards? Please say i just misunderstand things....
    I think you are understanding it perfectly.
    Definitely not being able to use the art packs commercially is an issue. Maybe there could be a commercial license for the assets, a bit like Forgotten Adventures do with their map tokens and assets.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterZwerg View Post
    If you are creating a module for the store then you will be using assets provided by the publisher to create that module. So there’s no question about creating anything for such a module. If you did then unless the users of the purchased module also own the assets you used to create the map then the map would not be there.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information