FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Advanced Fighting Fantasy DBR

Advanced Fighting Fantasy
    This a basic ruleset for the old school Advanced Fighting Fantasy RPG which can be found here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse....ghting+fantasy for about $14. You will need the Full Rules or at least the Advanced Fighting Fantasy Quickstart. Its a pretty simple system but it is a lot of fun to play with the right group.

Legal Stuff
    Under US copyright law game mechanics are not protected. This DBR (damned basic ruleset) includes mechanics from the game system it is written for but does not include content and other copyright protected material. This DBR is not licensed, endorsed or sanctioned by the games copyright holders. Some parts of the code in this DBR may be copyright SmiteWorks. You should ask my permission before borrowing code from this DBR.

Incentiveware
    These DBRs take a long time to learn the game system, plan the project, develop and test the code and create graphics. I do it to enable more people to play what they want to play on Fantasy Grounds. If you find this DBR useful and you want to encourage this kind of work please consider making a donation via paypal to help feed my RPG habit. This DBR is 100% free to use and no donation is required.

If you want to contribute you can do so here: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/fgdamned

Guarantees
    There is no guarantee that this DBR will do everything you want or expect it to, that the DBR will be error free, that I will continue to support the DBR etc. Over time I may find I have more or less time or willingness to work on this DBR. It is what it is.

Commercial Ruleset
    There is a commercial Advanced Fighting Fantasy ruleset that is being coded by another developer. If you like the Fighting Fantasy RPG then I encourage you to also buy that ruleset when it becomes available.

Fast Start
    Here is a quick overview on how to use the ruleset: https://youtu.be/M-eOrDQZy4o You should watch the video to understand how to use the ruleset.

Things to Note
    This is a FGU only ruleset. It uses some features that are only available in FGU.
    I think every Character and NPC sheet function except for the up/down arrows is double click rather than single click.
    Skill rolls, Luck Rolls, Magic rolls, Attack Rolls, Damage Rolls, using Skills, using Equipment, Potions, Rests etc are all Double Click. Same goes for the actions on the Combat Tracker.

Please download from the Forge https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/258/view

screenshot.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nice work as ever @damned
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Yes, very nice work.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Great job. But I have small problem. Attack skills are not active. I can not make attacks despite I try it from CT or directly from PC or NPC chart. Dices just not rolled.

It’s possible that some changes to CoreRPG may have broken this module since its release, and considering a commercial ruleset has been released this version may not be getting updated.

Blog Entries
    The ruleset is maintained and I cant replicate your issue without more info.
    I have just loaded up my test campaign and connected a player instance and tested GM and Player side actions.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Santyagoffg

I have updated the ruleset - Im not sure why it wasnt working but anyway if you update now it should test ok.
    I havent used this ruleset in some time so if you find other bugs please do report them.

I tested DBRAFF on FGU and FGC and problem is occurred on both platforms.
    I can't find any update of your ruleset.

Thread Information