DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Effects modifiers for CMD and AC

I was writing more effect modifiers to help my game run more efficiently and I came across a problem.

A character CMD = 10 + Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + Dexterity modifier + special size modifier

I made a simple modifier CMD: 4;AC: 4;

When I tested it it added 8 to the defense effect vs CMB roll.
    I removed every extension, and every module I had to eliminate that first as a potential problem, but when I tested it again I still had the same problem.

Maybe I am missing something ? Or doing something wrong.
    Any help or advice is greatly appreciated !

Roll with NO EFFECTS
    No Modifier.png

CMB roll with CMD Effects modifier
    CMD Modifier.png

CMB roll with AC modifier
    AC Modifier.png

CMB roll with CMD and AC modifier
    CMD and AC Modifier.png
    Last edited by Orimn; May 27th, 2021 at 20:31. Reason: Wrong wording

Quote Originally Posted by Orimn View Post
    I was writing more extensions help my game run more efficiently and I came across a problem.

A character CMD = 10 + Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + Dexterity modifier + special size modifier

I made a simple extension CMD: 4;AC: 4;

I removed every extension, and every module I had to eliminate that first as a potential problem, but when I tested it again I still had the same problem.

Roll with NO EFFECTS
    No Modifier.png

CMD Modifier.png

AC Modifier.png

CMD and AC Modifier.png
    I am not sure whether I understand; so, you wrote an extension in sense of coding to add a CMD effect? You are aware of that the native ruleset already has such an effect? That may be the reason why it is added twice because your code may just add that again

Oki, now I tested that and looked at your screenshots: Your chat messages state that the defendant gets just a bonus of +4 The attacker, the living wall, states that it has a native +8 modifier I think you just got confused about that this is also the double of your effect's bonus

(with "extensions" you probably just meant writing effects then )

I was writing more extensions help my game run more efficiently and I came across a problem.

I made a simple modifier CMD: 4;AC: 4;

Roll with NO EFFECTS
    No Modifier.png

CMD Modifier.png

AC Modifier.png

CMD and AC Modifier.png
    I think you are just misunderstanding the pathfinder rules. A bonus to AC is a bonus to CMD unless it is an armor, shield or natural armor bonus. So AC: +4 gives you a +4 bonus to AC and CMD. CMD: +4 gives you a +4 bonus to just CMD. Since both types are unnamed bonuses they stack, giving you a +4 bonus to AC and +8 bonus to CMD.

Yes, Fantasy Grounds is all still new to me, and using the word extension was incorrect.
    sorry about the confusion, I edited my first post to hopefully make it less confusing.

The character in the group has an ability to add +4 to his armor class, and +4 to his combat defense.

When I wrote the effects modifier to add this CMD: 4;AC: 4; It uses both of them together against an enemy combat maneuver roll

Ah, now I understand what it is about; yes, as Svandal says the AC effect also contributes to CMD

I was still messing around with it myself and when I changed my effect to this:

CMD: 4;AC: 4 shield; then it worked correctly

So it is working correctly, and writing an effect that modifies AC without being specific like deflection, or shield then FG also applies it to CMD.

Thanks again for your quick response to my questions Kelrugem !

I was still messing around with it myself and when I changed my effect to this:

CMD: 4;AC: 4 shield; then it worked correctly

So it is working correctly, and writing an effect that modifies AC without being specific like deflection, or shield then FG also applies it to CMD.

Thanks again for your quick response to my questions Kelrugem !
    Fantasy grounds tries to follow the pathfinder rules. Here are the rules, look up CMD to see what Ac bonus applies to CMD: deflection bonuses and some other to ac also modify cmd:
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/Gamemasteri...mbat_Maneuvers

And see wiki for effects:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects

Thread Information