STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    I used for many years FGC, but now dear Classic you time has come. Your bigger brother Unity is far superior to you.

Rest in Peace CLASSIC!
    Neuronblaster GM on warhorn.net

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    There is a difference between discontinuing the software - which means the software won't run at all - and ceasing to update the software. Ceasing to update the software means it will keep running just like it does currently, but get no new features. This means you can convert over at your pace, if you want to convert.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    There is a difference between discontinuing the software - which means the software won't run at all - and ceasing to update the software. Ceasing to update the software means it will keep running just like it does currently, but get no new features. This means you can convert over at your pace, if you want to convert.
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    Sure.
    Some of my players uses old computers, not compatible with unity version, I finish the agents of edgewatch campaing and we will try roll 20

Quote Originally Posted by vankar View Post
    Some of my players uses old computers, not compatible with unity version, I finish the agents of edgewatch campaing and we will try roll 20
    its not being discontinued, just not releasing new products. There are literally thousands of products available for FGC and they will continue to work after the cut-off date.

Quote Originally Posted by vankar View Post
    What are you planning on playing next? If it's still available on FGC why look elsewhere? Updates and new products won't be added to FGC after June 24th, but the large amount of currently available products are still available.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Plus, you can still use classic to run your own non-published games, just creating the encounters and running from a pdf. Or if more comfortable with FGC, and time, converting a pdf to a module.

Quote Originally Posted by 99bluerabbit View Post
    What if not everyone has decent hardware machines? I have it myself but some of my players have laptops that don't have by far exceeded their usual length of service. Any way to fix it then?

I've also heard that Unity runs off of Smiteworks own servers. Is there a way it runs off of my own system like with FGC?
    I had to buy a gaming computer to get FGU to run.

Blog Entries
    FGU does not require a gaming computer to use. At least not for most people and situations. I run it on an almost 10 year old laptop, as DM.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    FGU does not require a gaming computer to use. At least not for most people and situations. I run it on an almost 10 year old laptop, as DM.
    I'm just telling you about my experience.

Thread Information