5E Character Create Playlist
Page 8 of 20 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    OK, we need to see exactly what you're seeing... copy-n-paste the terminal stuff like I did.

"Tsunami-20:uvtt2fgu-main "username"$ ./uvttfgu/py Zugflax's Secret Forest Lab.dd2vtt
    > "

Quote Originally Posted by Varex Sythe View Post
    "Tsunami-20:uvtt2fgu-main "username"$ ./uvttfgu/py Zugflax's Secret Forest Lab.dd2vtt
    > "
    it looks like you have swapped a . with a /
    it should be ./uvttfgu.py rather than ./uvttfgu/py

often there are also issues with including spaces in the output file name.

Try this:
    ./uvtt2fgu.py ZugflaxSecretForestLab.dd2vtt
    Last edited by bmos; June 29th, 2021 at 18:58.

-bash: ./uvttfgu.py: Permission denied

Quote Originally Posted by Varex Sythe View Post
    -bash: ./uvttfgu.py: Permission denied
    the file is uvtt2fgu, not uvttfgu
    I had copied it from your previous post, so the error was also present in my last post.
    I have updated it there.

ZugflasSecretForestLab.dd2vt: No such file or directory, skipping

Again, thank you, and sorry for the hassle.

I swear I'm not typo-ing this crap on purpose.

EDIT:

It produced the files. Thank you both for your patience with my general ineptitude! I'll check to see if it gave me the end results I wanted.

Second edit:

It works, thank you guys!
    Last edited by Mr. Kieffer; June 29th, 2021 at 19:14.

You're welcome! Though even the spaces can be dealt with, you just need to surround the filename with quotes:

$ ./uvtt2fgu.py "Zugflax's Secret Forest Lab.dd2vtt"

The command prompt might have even done that for you if you started typing "Zug" and then hit the <TAB> key. This asks the command prompt to try to finish the filename that you'd started typing.

Thank you guys for your patience in explaining all this. I'm just reading through the comments, and it's very educational. I started using computers back in the 1980s, on DOS systems programming in BASIC (first computer was actually a Sinclaire). It sure takes me back to the old days, how every space, every bit of punctuation has to be exact. Your explanations here have been really good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    Time to go public: I've re-implemented the other tool for converting Dungeondraft's .dd2vtt files to .png/.jpg/.xml files suitable for import to Fantasy Grounds Unity v4.1+

This does support the exported line-of-sight items (walls), doors, windows, lights, and auto populates the grid size.

I've put this up on Github at: https://github.com/Imagix/uvtt2fgu

It's a Python 3 script, so should work wherever you have a Python interpreter.

Please do file Issues and such on the tool (or pull requests!)
    A note to the author: as outlined in this forum post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...039#post610039) This tool generates potentially invalid data. Occluders in FGU are not stored as floats and are written to the XML with no more than a single decimal place. Additionally, occluder paths cannot overlap without each overlapping occluder having an additional point where the overlap occurs. I am not familiar with DungeonDraft or your tool, so I can not say where the error originates.

Ah, is the schema of the XML file format documented somewhere?

Thread Information