STAR TREK 2d20
Page 17 of 20 First ... 71516171819 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danimal66 View Post
    This worked, thank you so much!
    Glad to help.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

For windows users, there's an easy way to install, use and update the conversion tool:

If you have Scoop Installer, you can type the following in your CMD or Powershell terminal:
    Code:
    C:\Users\user> scoop bucket add games
    C:\Users\user> scoop install uvtt2fgu
    You can then use it in any folder, since it will be added to your PATH.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    Oh my, it's been so long since I've set up Python:
    - First, install a Python runtime from https://www.python.org.
    - Download the uvtt2fgu.py script from the github page. I would suggest into wherever you've saved (or going to save) your .dd2vtt file
    - Go into a command prompt (cmd.exe for Windows, Terminal for Mac OS)
    - "pip install Pillow" this is needed to add the extra library used to generate the .jpg file
    - cd into where you've saved your .dd2vtt file
    - run the script "./uvtt2fgu.py filename.dd2vtt". (Of course, replace "filename.dd2vtt" with the name of your dd2vtt file)
    - This should result in filename.png, filename.jpg, and filename.xml being created
    - Copy the .xml file into your campaign's "images" folder
    - Import the .jpg inside Fantasy Grounds

For Mac OS: If you have homebrew installed, you could also install python with "brew install python3".
    For Windows: umm.. haven't tried it myself on Windows, but is probably close to what is above. Will be trying this shortly. I've been primarily developing on Linux.
    I’m having trouble following this
    Could someone explain it in a bit more detail
    Ps I use MacBook
    Last edited by LordDeath; April 23rd, 2023 at 04:34.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeath View Post
    I’m having trouble following this
    Could someone explain it in a bit more detail
    Ps I use MacBook
    What part gives you trouble exactly? What step are you blocked at?

I've never used Python before. I've installed the runtime, checked to see if it has the current version, etc. It works from my command prompt.

When I try to use the command "pip install Pillow" from the command prompt I get this error message: 'pip' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file."

When I run the uvtt2fgu.py module I get this error message from the Python GUI: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\rbsea\OneDrive\Documents\RPG\Dungeon s & Dragons\Spelljammer\Images\Ships\uvtt2fgu.py", line 16, in <module>
    from PIL import Image
    ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PIL'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy_Grognard View Post
    I've never used Python before. I've installed the runtime, checked to see if it has the current version, etc. It works from my command prompt.

When I try to use the command "pip install Pillow" from the command prompt I get this error message: 'pip' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file."

When I run the uvtt2fgu.py module I get this error message from the Python GUI: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\rbsea\OneDrive\Documents\RPG\Dungeon s & Dragons\Spelljammer\Images\Ships\uvtt2fgu.py", line 16, in <module>
    from PIL import Image
    ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PIL'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    If you're running on Windows, it's far, far, far easier to use the .exe version that Imagix provides rather than the .py script:
    go here https://github.com/Imagix/uvtt2fgu/releases/tag/v1.5.1
    download uvtt2fgu.exe
    run that, not the .py script. It incorporates all the Python modules needed already. You don't need to install the runtime either.

Or you can install Scoop Installer and install the script via the instructions written here

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Native support for uvtt, dd2vtt, and df2vtt file import is currently in the Test channel and will be coming to the Live channel when v4.4 is released.

Excellent news.

I was about to mention the same. I guess my tool is no longer required

Thread Information