5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 14 of 20 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    I dont think I can post the file here, or even attach it to a pm, if you PM'd me an email address I could send it.

Is there a size limit to the .exe? I just tried it with a smaller map and it did work, I noticed the map I am trying to convert is 98mb, could it be too big?
    Last edited by JoshyOneArm; May 15th, 2022 at 21:38.

That's possible... but I can use your file to explore alternatives.

OK, I got the file. The image size is pretty big. And appears to be exported at 256x256 resolution. Kinda high by itself. Perhaps if you re-export it at 50x50, it may be small enough for the published version of the script to work. Basically, the image library being used is trying to defend against a malformed image file from expanding to a too-large file. It refers to a "decompression bomb error".

I've put some code in so that one can change (or disable) that check by putting a "maximagefilesize" configuration parameter into the config file. For those who are using the python script directly, you can find that change at: https://github.com/Imagix/uvtt2fgu/tree/Imagix/issue19 I'll leave that out there for a couple of days before making it the released version (and make the windows .exe version as well).

I've been using this often with great success.

I nice GUI Mac interface would be highly desirable, but, given it was free and done as a favour for the community, I have little to complain about.

But if you are bored and would like to do it...

Anyway, This may also relate to JoshyOneArm's problem.

I just did a conversion that worked, but gave this output in Terminal:-
    /Users/reg/Library/Python/3.8/lib/python/site-packages/PIL/Image.py:2896: DecompressionBombWarning: Image size (98304000 pixels) exceeds limit of 89478485 pixels, could be decompression bomb DOS attack.
    warnings.warn(

I've not seen that before the image was 7680 × 12800, so should have been less than the number mentioned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post

I nice GUI Mac interface would be highly desirable, but, given it was free and done as a favour for the community, I have little to complain about.

/Users/reg/Library/Python/3.8/lib/python/site-packages/PIL/Image.py:2896: DecompressionBombWarning: Image size (98304000 pixels) exceeds limit of 89478485 pixels, could be decompression bomb DOS attack.
    warnings.warn(

I've not seen that before the image was 7680 × 12800, so should have been less than the number mentioned
    7680 x 12800 is 98,304,000 pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post

warnings.warn(

These warnings would matter if you didn't know what was causing it - but its the script letting you know its a BIG file basically. Nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    7680 x 12800 is 98,304,000 pixels.
    D'Oh! Arithmetic fail by me exposed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    These warnings would matter if you didn't know what was causing it - but its the script letting you know its a BIG file basically. Nothing to worry about.
    Cool! Thanks!

I'll keep an eye on map size - I mean it will impact players after all once its shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    It will not give that warning on windows which is less helpful. It will simply quit without file output.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; June 13th, 2022 at 03:24.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Hi I am having some trouble. Perhaps because I switched to an M1 mac.
    I keep getting this error:
    ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PIL/_imaging.cpython-310-darwin.so, 0x0002): tried: '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PIL/_imaging.cpython-310-darwin.so' (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have 'x86_64', need 'arm64e'))

How do I fix this, please? This converter is amazing and I want to keep using it!

Thread Information