FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 20 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    I've also pushed up my own output of pyinstaller into the 1.0.0 "Initial Release" Release on the right-side of the github page. Same caveats that zenic had: it's not a signed executable, and I'm some random person on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by zenic View Post
    That looks like the python file didn't download correctly - try downloading again. If you open it in a text editor the first line should read:
    #!/usr/bin/env python3

This version doesn't automatically convert all files in the same folder. Try dragging and dropping a .dd2vtt file onto the exe.
    Thank you! Dropping it on the exe worked!

In linux mint, I seem to have been able to exec the .py file and get the samplemap files(jpg, png and xml), but there is no line of sight in FGU when I import it.

I am puzzled.

I used the command "./uvtt2fgu.py sampleMap.dd2vtt".

I put the jpg, png and xml in the image folder of FGU and tried importing both the Png and the jpg.
    Last edited by Eyenuv; June 6th, 2021 at 08:32.

I'm a little confused as well, because if I try to import an image where the file already exists in the images directory of the campaign, FGU refuses to import it complaining: "Image file already exists in campaign. Skipped. (sampleMap.jpg)". Which, if you've copied all three files in there, you should also see. So, a couple of clarification questions/points:
    1) You won't need both images. I'd written out the png file because that's the native format in the dd2vtt file. The jpg is smaller, and more friendly to your player's bandwidth. (And there's some code in progress to be able to tell the program to only output the jpg)
    2) Please confirm which directory you've copied the xml file into? Since I'm working in a campaign named "TestLight", mine gets copied into ~/.smiteworks/fgdata/campaigns/TestLight/images
    3) If the image was already imported, and you just replace the xml file, that does not appear to get re-imported. In my experience, the xml file is only read on import of the file.
    4) How are you verifying that no LoS exists?

Nutshell version: copy the xml into your campaign's images folder, leave the png/jpg next to your dd2vtt file. Go into FGU, load your campaign. open the Images window. Click on the Import Files button. Select the jpg. This should result in the map being loaded, and if it has light sources on it, they should already be affected by LoS. In the layers list, you should be able to see that the walls and lights are enabled. If you click on the brick wall icon (5th icon from the left), you should see the walls, doors, and windows drawn on the map. Click on the lightbuld (next icon to the right), and you should see your light sources (if any).

Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    I'm a little confused as well, because if I try to import an image where the file already exists in the images directory of the campaign, FGU refuses to import it complaining: "Image file already exists in campaign. Skipped. (sampleMap.jpg)". Which, if you've copied all three files in there, you should also see. So, a couple of clarification questions/points:
    1) You won't need both images. I'd written out the png file because that's the native format in the dd2vtt file. The jpg is smaller, and more friendly to your player's bandwidth. (And there's some code in progress to be able to tell the program to only output the jpg)
    2) Please confirm which directory you've copied the xml file into? Since I'm working in a campaign named "TestLight", mine gets copied into ~/.smiteworks/fgdata/campaigns/TestLight/images
    3) If the image was already imported, and you just replace the xml file, that does not appear to get re-imported. In my experience, the xml file is only read on import of the file.
    4) How are you verifying that no LoS exists?

Nutshell version: copy the xml into your campaign's images folder, leave the png/jpg next to your dd2vtt file. Go into FGU, load your campaign. open the Images window. Click on the Import Files button. Select the jpg. This should result in the map being loaded, and if it has light sources on it, they should already be affected by LoS. In the layers list, you should be able to see that the walls and lights are enabled. If you click on the brick wall icon (5th icon from the left), you should see the walls, doors, and windows drawn on the map. Click on the lightbuld (next icon to the right), and you should see your light sources (if any).
    Thanx for the quick answer. I finally manage to make it works after reading your explanations and a couple of tried:
    1) I put the jpg in : /mydrive/FantasyGroundUnity/images
    2) I put the xml in : /mydrive/FantasyGroundUnity/campaigns/mycampaign/images
    3) I imported the jpg and it copy itself in : /mydrive/FantasyGroundUnity/campaigns/mycampaign/images

You might want to clarify your readme for people like me that lack a computer background. I suggest :
    1) specify the jpg or png must not be in the directory before importing ( I dit that error)
    2) give an example of where to put the xml : /mydrive/FantasyGroundUnity/campaigns/mycampaign/images ( I put the xml in the campaign directory with the others xml files instead of the images directory)

I thank you for the software! I can now confidently buy dungeon draft and use it in FGU!
    Last edited by Eyenuv; June 6th, 2021 at 16:30.

I've always put both the image file and the xml in my campaign images folder. Then I simply find it in assets tab and create an image record from the asset.

Btw, it NEVER occurred to me that the original exe I was using was creating PNGs (since I often use pngs anyway at work). Thank you for setting it up for JPG. That will be MUCH easier for my players who've been having trouble with large maps. Thank you!

Oh right.. you can drag from Assets into Images to add them too. Why did I somehow forget that method existed? I also just noticed the "import everything in the images folder" button (Create from Campaign Assets). Huh, looks like it won't re-import if the image record exists. Which is kinda good. You can delete the one map you're working on and just click it again.

This is amazingly useful, thank you! Should significantly speed up pulling together new maps.

Cheers, Hywel

OK, published a v1.1.0 of the script. The primary highlight is that it can accept a configuration file (in a platform-reasonable location, or by command-line parameter) to tweak certain settings in the program. Some highlights include:
    - Defaulting different destinations for the png/jpg/xml files.
    - Turning off writing the png file

There are others, check the README for the descriptions of the parameters for the configuration file.

Just tried today to import some dd2vtt maps from /r battlemaps. It is perfect! Thanks a lot Imagix.

Thread Information