DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... Last

A new Dungeondraft to Fantasy Grounds Unity conversion tool

Time to go public: I've re-implemented the other tool for converting Dungeondraft's .dd2vtt files to .png/.jpg/.xml files suitable for import to Fantasy Grounds Unity v4.1+

This does support the exported line-of-sight items (walls), doors, windows, lights, and auto populates the grid size.

I've put this up on Github at: https://github.com/Imagix/uvtt2fgu

It's a Python 3 script, so should work wherever you have a Python interpreter.

Please do file Issues and such on the tool (or pull requests!)

This is great! Definitely cuts down a lot of time making a map useful.

So silly question. Pretend I am running this on a Mac, I know nothing about coding or Python 3 script. If it is possible, how could I install this so I could utilize it? Are there step by step instructions somewhere?

seems really cool. I will join Varex here : Pretend i am running this on windows 10, i know nothing...how could I install this so I could utilize it? Are there step by step instructions somewhere? Thanks.

Oh my, it's been so long since I've set up Python:
    - First, install a Python runtime from https://www.python.org.
    - Download the uvtt2fgu.py script from the github page. I would suggest into wherever you've saved (or going to save) your .dd2vtt file
    - Go into a command prompt (cmd.exe for Windows, Terminal for Mac OS)
    - "pip install Pillow" this is needed to add the extra library used to generate the .jpg file
    - cd into where you've saved your .dd2vtt file
    - run the script "./uvtt2fgu.py filename.dd2vtt". (Of course, replace "filename.dd2vtt" with the name of your dd2vtt file)
    - This should result in filename.png, filename.jpg, and filename.xml being created
    - Copy the .xml file into your campaign's "images" folder
    - Import the .jpg inside Fantasy Grounds

For Mac OS: If you have homebrew installed, you could also install python with "brew install python3".
    For Windows: umm.. haven't tried it myself on Windows, but is probably close to what is above. Will be trying this shortly. I've been primarily developing on Linux.

Imagix, this is awesome! I've used the original countless times, can't wait to try it out.

Egheal, I've built an exe for Windows. Here is how I did it:

If you've already followed the steps above, then do this from the script folder:
    - "pip install pyinstaller"
    - "pyinstaller --onefile uvtt2fgu.py"

the uvtt2fgu.exe file will be in the dist folder.

If you're doing this from scratch, this is how you would do it:
    - Install a Python runtime and make sure you have it and pip in your path (i.e. you can type "pip" in a command prompt)
    - Download the uvtt2fgu.py script into an empty folder
    - Open a command prompt and cd into the folder with the uvtt2fgu.py script in it
    - "pip install Pillow"
    - "pip install pyinstaller"
    - "pyinstaller --onefile uvtt2fgu.py"

I like to export all my maps into a single folder, which is where I copy the .exe to. I then associate the .dd2vtt extension with the exe.

Varex, this should work for mac, but if not there is another tool called py2app.

hey I got the exe, but I dont understand what you mean for the last step

Edit: NVM I got it. For anyone wondering you just have to drag the .dd2vtt file onto the .exe
    Last edited by Braincain007; May 29th, 2021 at 08:36.

Thanks guys.
    After a lot of troubles I managed to install all of it!
    now i just have to test it!

This looks awesome! I didn't know that Dungeondraft existed, so I've learned about two awesome things today.

It is very nice, perfect, thanks a lot @Imagix and @Zenic!
    This thread need to get a sticky somewhere. It is the final nail in the coffin of most of the FGU competitors imho.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Egheal; May 29th, 2021 at 11:00.

Thread Information