DICE PACKS BUNDLE

CC3+ Grid overlay

Hi, I'm having a few problems lining up the grid when importing a CC3 map the Map is 230x160, 5' squares.

I've put an grid overlay at 50 in FG and it does not seem to line up correctly I've tried altering the the grid size up and down but nothing seems to line up.

I'm thinking that its the original CC3 size & exported as rectangular Jpeg, thats the problem.

Is there a better set up I should be using?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Can you post the image as an attachment so we can look at it in detail?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sure

Heres the gridded version

thanks
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

24.2 or 24.1 gets it pretty close. Then a tiny bit of nudging the grid around and it looks pretty good (IMO):

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

thanks, It will save me redoing a few, as it was getting a bit annoying.

I'm sure i need to change the export settings in CC3, to make it a bit easier, though

Quote Originally Posted by backwardoracle View Post
    I'm sure i need to change the export settings in CC3, to make it a bit easier, though
    Yep, that map is quite a small resolution. Change the save as settings in CC3+ to export a higher resolution. I usually export higher than I need, then cut down the size in an image editing app.

thanks, Good tip !

Quote Originally Posted by backwardoracle View Post

Why don't you just export it without the grid?

Have no fear, the gridless map will always be used in play.

Yes, thats how the players will see it, that was the thing though causing the problem, as the grid in FG on a grid less map was overlapping walls etc. So I used the grided version the used to create the map as a template to line up FG grid over the griidded image, then of course just import the grid less version, a 5' square in CC3 is not a 25 or 50 px square in FG, and as Trenloe nicely pointed out its the export settings in CC3 I should be looking at to get the dimensions better. TBH I make far too many maps to go into depth of figuring out some of the more intricate details that I don't think I usually need.

Blog Entries
    There is a post on the CC3 forums where Mattekure and I work out a macro for exporting from CC3+ at a desired resolution. In it you select your rectangular area and the resolution and then the script changes the CC export resolution for you.

https://forum.profantasy.com/discuss...set-resolution

Attached here is my latest version of the macro. Not sure what state is in as I tinker with it at times. So it could be better or worse than the one in that thread.DH_Macros2.mac.txt You will need to remove the .txt from the file name to use it as a macro in CC3+.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information