FG Spreadshirt Swag

How do I create a new Ancestry

Some of my players want to play some from the new ancestry guide and don't want to wait.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Copy an existing ancestry record and amend as necessary.

Assuming you'll also need heritages, do the same for heritages in "Lookup Data".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Where do I find an ancestries in order to copy one?
    Last edited by happynewt; September 15th, 2021 at 18:25. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by happynewt View Post
    Where do I find an ancestries in order to copy one?
    Welcome to the FG forums!

Ancestries are found in any of the DLC products that have ancestries - Core Rules, Ancestry Guide, APG, for example.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Specifically where? Do I copy it within Fantasy Ground (couldn't seem to make that work) or do I unzip and edit a specific file within the ./vault/*.dat (that seems to require a password).

Perhaps I should ask first, is there general documentation on how to do this? I looked but I couldn't find specific info about adding ruleset specific stuff like ancestries. I was looking on confluence (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...nsions+-+Files) for that documentation

You copy the Ancestry within Fantasy Grounds. To do so, go to the Ancestry list (click the Ancestries button in the sidebar), then left-click and hold the record link next to the record (the dragon icon to the left side of each ancestry record in the Ancestries window) you want to copy and drag it very slightly then let go of the left mouse button - this will create a copy of the record that you can unlock and edit as needed.

to copy something - drag the red box and drop it - you get a new copy - the copy has no ''group' and can be unlocked for editing - see screenshots:

fg-ss-1.JPGfg-ss-2.jpg

Thread Information