STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Player to Player inventory item transfer is not working.

I was told by Zacchaeus that a player can move an inventory item from their inventory to another players portrait and that item will transfer to that players inventory. In 4E that is not happening. Nothing happens.

No extensions loaded.

When transferring items on the GM client, you have to hold the Alt key to transfer items; otherwise, it assumes you are trying to share any record you drop on the portrait. This was requested by the community to continue allowing sharing of records in general by the GM; and use Alt for additional behaviors such as transfers. It has been implemented like this for over 4 years.

If transferring on another player client, it will work as a direct item transfer.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    When transferring items on the GM client, you have to hold the Alt key to transfer items; otherwise, it assumes you are trying to share any record you drop on the portrait. This was requested by the community to continue allowing sharing of records in general by the GM; and use Alt for additional behaviors such as transfers. It has been implemented like this for over 4 years.

If transferring on another player client, it will work as a direct item transfer.

Regards,
    JPG
    So to transfer from player client to another player client the player needs to hold down the Alt key?

Only the GM needs to hold the Alt key. Player client to player client should work without the Alt key.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Only the GM needs to hold the Alt key. Player client to player client should work without the Alt key.

JPG
    It's not working here. Tried with two other remote players and now trying with two clients open on two computers logged into my host and no transfer.

Example of this is the image above.

To be clear its the client to client transfer that is not working.
    Last edited by kevininrussia; May 24th, 2021 at 05:56.

Hmm, after looking more closely, it looks like that case is explicitly blocked unless both characters are owned by the same player. I'm not sure the original impetus; but not sure I want to change behavior at this point. For now, you can use the party sheet as the staging grounds to transfer items between characters.

Regards,
    JPG

Change the behavior! Change the behavior! :-)

Or if its possible to make an extension, maybe point me in the right direction.

I have a group of about 8 players that like to trade stuff and would be more efficient for them to trade directly (and sometimes they don't want others to know what they are trading).

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    (and sometimes they don't want others to know what they are trading).
    Based on what you told me about your group (and requests about hiding certain things), I am not wondering that you also want to hide such things

(at least they could whisper to each other for example, and then they manually add and delete their things )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Based on what you told me about your group (and requests about hiding certain things), I am not wondering that you also want to hide such things

(at least they could whisper to each other for example, and then they manually add and delete their things )
    Hehe, unfortunately they are not computer competent enough to add things manually. Drag and drop to a portrait is so user friendly and would get me out of the loop as I have enough things to worry about :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Hehe, unfortunately they are not computer competent enough to add things manually. Drag and drop to a portrait is so user friendly and would get me out of the loop as I have enough things to worry about :-)
    ah, I see

Thread Information