DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Adding Custom Spell List

Hi all, I'm a new user, still learning FG and RMC.

I'm interested in adding the additional professions, and in particular the supplemental spell lists, from the old RM2 Companions. I can create the new professions and skills fine. I can create the new base Spell Lists and attach these to the professions... BUT: I cannot get the new custom spell lists to show up in the 'Realm Lists' for Essence, Channelling, etc.

E.G. - I made a new Paladin Profession (from the original RM2 Companion I), and make out the base spell lists, but they do not show up in the Channelling Realm Lists.

See the screenshot:

Paladin1.jpg

Paladin Class made OK (top centre image)
    Spell Lists built OK. Let's look at the new custom 'Communion' spell list (shown top right). List Type set to new 'Paladin Base'.

But I cannot get the new list to show in any of the spell list menus, or the Channelling Realm list. The only way to find it is to take it off the new 'Paladin' Profession. Which sort of works, but it would be better to have it listed with all the regular lists and appear on the usual lists.

Can anyone help?

NB - I am adding a '*' suffix to all my new custom classes. Can't imagine this is causing the issue, but just in case!

Thanks so much for your help. Awesome work in having the RMC ruleset, by the way - thank you so much for developing this.

Mike
    Last edited by MikeRPG; May 23rd, 2021 at 23:07. Reason: Wrong screenshot

Can you export your list and post it here?

I am guessing there is some logic missing in the spell list.

NOTE: Rolemaster Companion I is available in the Store for $14.99 USD.

Hi Sulimo,
    Happy to... for speed, can you show/tell me how to/ point me, etc?

Yep I see RMCI is available, but was interested in doing this for "fun"... also interested in doing the same for the other RM2 Companions anyway, so really a way to learn.

OK this should be it -thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Type /export in the chat.

Give it a file name (something with .mod as the extension), give it a Name, put a check box in Spell Lists, then click export.

From there a new file will be created in the modules directory (click the Folder Icon when at the FG launcher screen, before you start up the campaign).

You should be able to attach it here.

I think the problem might be the logic in the XML, not 100% certain though. It's been a while since I looked at creating a spell list.

In your Spell list where the Class is listed, does it also have the ** that you put into the Profession name? I would think that it would all have to match for it to work properly.

Thanks Sulimo, I figured it and uploaded as you posted, but thank you so much for explaining. I'll need to check on the asterisks tomorrow (late here in UK now) and will confirm ASAP. I'll also trial taking them out completely in case it's that simple.

As an aside, I *think* that Paladin spell list, coincidentally, is simply another list just renamed, so all I did was take a copy, change the name, change the 'Type' to Paladin Base, and attach it to the new custom Paladin profession. The original list integriety should otherwise be unchanged.

I'll update further tomorrow. Thank you for looking at this :-)

I cannot answer the why, but I found the what.

From your file:
    Code:
    				<type type="string">Paladin Base*</type>
    				<custom type="number">0</custom>
    				<level type="number">999</level>
    				<name type="string">Communion**</name>
    It is missing two critical pieces of info:

It should have the following in the DB.xml (it's inside the .mod file, which is just a renamed .zip file)

Code:
    				<class type="string">Paladin Base</class>
    				<realm type="string">Channeling</realm>
    Once I added those two lines, and zipped it up and renamed it, it worked for me.

EDIT: Attached the file for you to look at.
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's awesome - thanks Sulimo. I'll look into this just as soon as I can, but am sure I can build them out from there.

Very kind of you, thanks for your help!

Mike

Hi Sulimo,

I think I edited the XML OK and renamed the .zip back to .mod... but I can't see how to import the amended data back into FG?

Any help appreciated!

thanks,

Just copy it to the Modules folder, and type /reload in the chat, or exit to the launcher and load the campaign again.

I know you are doing spell lists, and probably other items from the Companions, however, this guide is still a good reference for creating content.

Thread Information