Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Suddenly after today's update my players can no longer connect to me

There was an update today for FG Classic and suddenly after installing it none of my campaign players can connect to me and every time I try the connection test it fails. I even uninstalled my Norton Anti-Virus and rebooted in case it was the firewall to no avail. I called my ISP and they confirmed that port 1802 is on and port forwarding is set up correctly.

What gives? Please help. This has completely sidelined my weekly game!
    FANTASY GROUNDS CLASSIC & UNITY ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER

Have your players also updated?
    If you start a new campaign can they connect into it?

Also this should really be under this part of the forum.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ealing-Classic
    Last edited by Granamere; May 23rd, 2021 at 02:34.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

They did install the update, yes.

I am thinking about upgrading my Ultimate License in Classic to Unity. Do you think that will likely run better for me for connections and such?

Sorry, this was in the wrong part of the forum. Mods, please feel free to move this thread if you like.

Unity and classic work differently. It would depend on your PC and also that of the people connecting in. If you all have newer computers and running newer OS then I would think Unity would work good for you. Also mods amy oe may not have been upgraded to work in Unity so you have to look at the whole picture before you move. You could download unity and try out the demo to get a feel though.

One big thing to note is that once you move your campaign to Unity you can not copy it back to classic and have it work. A classic campaign can be copied over to unity and upgraded to work in unity though.

So if you started a new campaign can they connect? Also if you start another session can you connect into your own campaign?
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.

The campaign I'm running is a custom one in MORECORE.
    Last edited by daddystabz; May 23rd, 2021 at 03:17.

OK if you can launch the campaign then launch another classic session can you connect to it with that session? Since everything thing is on your PC you should be able to.

If that works I would launch a new campaign with no mods and see if your players can connect to that. If they can then it might be a corruption either in your campaign or in their cache.

If they can not connect then do you even see then attempt to connect in the game? Do you know how to see if your firewall is letting them pass through?

I had suspected my firewall. I actually deleted Norton completely and rebooted and I've made sure Windows Defender is completely disabled as well.

I tried to connect to my own session and got the "Could not connect to the host" message. I did not even see on the server side that someone was trying to connect.

While the software on your pc is a type of firewall I was referring to the cable modem or other physical firewall you have before the traffic gets to your pc.

OK if you can not connect to your self it sounds like it could be a local firewall problem.

If you are running widows 10 go into settings > Windows Security > Firewall & network protection > Private network (if it is the active one) if it says "block all incoming..." remove the check box if not then cut it off.

See if you can connect then. If so you know it is the local firewall.

If this works go back an enable it the go into Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender firewall and change the setting for fantasygrounds.
    Last edited by Granamere; May 23rd, 2021 at 03:36.

I tried to connect to my own session and got the "Could not connect to the host" message. I did not even see on the server side that someone was trying to connect.

I just purchased an upgrade to Unity. I am getting ready to try to install it.

Thread Information