DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

PFRPG and 3.5E Effects

Hello, New FG user here so my apologies if this topic has been covered already.

I am going through the motions of getting everything set up for the game I am running, and one of my players has an item he uses that boosts his STR stat +2

I used this information to make an effect to give a stat boost.

Screenshot 2021-05-23 013037.png

The thing is I tested it a couple different ways to make sure it was working as intended.
    When I used a bonus of +2 it added a correct bonus of +1 to the character HIT roll.

When I changed it to +1 it added nothing to to character HIT roll which makes sense if his STR score was 18

The problem is a +1 bonus would have moved his STR score from 19 to 20 giving the +1 bonus.

It seems when using the PFRPG and 3.5E Effects to modify stat scores it adds or removes bonuses bases on a 2 point increment and not based on the character's actual score.

Now, I may be wrong I am new to the software so any help or advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Orimn View Post
    Hello, New FG user here so my apologies if this topic has been covered already.

I am going through the motions of getting everything set up for the game I am running, and one of my players has an item he uses that boosts his STR stat +2

I used this information to make an effect to give a stat boost.

Screenshot 2021-05-23 013037.png

The thing is I tested it a couple different ways to make sure it was working as intended.
    When I used a bonus of +2 it added a correct bonus of +1 to the character HIT roll.

When I changed it to +1 it added nothing to to character HIT roll which makes sense if his STR score was 18

The problem is a +1 bonus would have moved his STR score from 19 to 20 giving the +1 bonus.

It seems when using the PFRPG and 3.5E Effects to modify stat scores it adds or removes bonuses bases on a 2 point increment and not based on the character's actual score.

Now, I may be wrong I am new to the software so any help or advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks !
    You probably tested in PF1? Yes, then this is true, those are actually some rules of PF1: Temporary bonusses do not add to the ability scores, they instead add to the mod directly for each even number (so, only a bonus of 2, 4, ... gives something). The effects' system of FG (PF1) respects that PF1 rule 3.5e though uses it as you would expect instead
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 23rd, 2021 at 01:37.

Really ?

I'm old school, learned to play the game on first edition AD&D then moved to 2nd edition.
    I had stopped playing before 3rd came out, but now I find myself back into the game playing with friends in pathfinder 1st edition.

I definitely appreciate the response and the rule clarification.
    I will pass it along to my group !

Really ?

I'm old school, learned to play the game on first edition AD&D then moved to 2nd edition.
    I had stopped playing before 3rd came out, but now I find myself back into the game playing with friends in pathfinder 1st edition.

I definitely appreciate the response and the rule clarification.
    I will pass it along to my group !
    Yup I am a bit lazy now, so, I hope someone provides a link for that

Hence, permanent bonusses should be tracked in the sheet directly; but if you prefer to use effects, then just stick with the temporary bonus rules of PF1 for everything

I trust you Kelrugem

I edited this comment because It's late and my idea was incorect.

But again, Thanks for the info !
    Last edited by Orimn; May 23rd, 2021 at 02:35.

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to PF forum.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Yup I am a bit lazy now, so, I hope someone provides a link for that

Hence, permanent bonusses should be tracked in the sheet directly; but if you prefer to use effects, then just stick with the temporary bonus rules of PF1 for everything
    Actually...

I'd suggest using this

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...manent-Bonuses

by Bmos

you may as well play with the proper rules, rather than the FG ruleset
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; May 23rd, 2021 at 06:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    Actually...

I'd suggest using this

by Bmos

Cool thanks, I have just been working my way through the base software getting familiar with it so I haven't looked into any of the user made modifications

Just a quick question, If I use this extension ( which looks quite useful ) do all the people in my group also need to install the extension or is it synched to them automatically ?
    I'm running an Ultimate license and they use the free player software.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    Actually...

I'd suggest using this

by Bmos

Ah, I forgot this extension, thanks! (though one still needs to check stacking of these bonusses with the effects' system, I think)

Cool thanks, I have just been working my way through the base software getting familiar with it so I haven't looked into any of the user made modifications

Just a quick question, If I use this extension ( which looks quite useful ) do all the people in my group also need to install the extension or is it synched to them automatically ?
    I'm running an Ultimate license and they use the free player software.
    Only the DM needs the extension

You guys are great !

Thanks for all the help

Thread Information