STAR TREK 2d20

Players can't move on maps

My campaigns are having the same problem. I run 4 different campaigns and ever since the 4.0 update my tokens are locked to small areas of movement. If they try to move outside that area their tokens disappear and reappear in their original location. In order to move them I have to delete their token and put it back down in their intended place. This then enables them to move around the new location until they hit another invisible wall. I have tried turning masks on and off (these problems have all occurred on maps where fog of war was initially enabled), as well as deleting all walls/doors/etc.

Not sure where to go from here. It affects all players as well as NPC tokens.

Any advice is helpful

I moved this to it's own thread, since the original thread was over 4 months old. In general, please post any items in a new thread, since each report is generally unique.

Do you have an example campaign folder (zipped up) that you can provide to us that exhibits the issue, plus steps to open the correct map to observe the issue?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by MandaPandaGrrr View Post
    My campaigns are having the same problem. I run 4 different campaigns and ever since the 4.0 update my tokens are locked to small areas of movement. If they try to move outside that area their tokens disappear and reappear in their original location. In order to move them I have to delete their token and put it back down in their intended place. This then enables them to move around the new location until they hit another invisible wall. I have tried turning masks on and off (these problems have all occurred on maps where fog of war was initially enabled), as well as deleting all walls/doors/etc.

Not sure where to go from here. It affects all players as well as NPC tokens.

Any advice is helpful
    Having a similar issue. If I have a mask in play the players and my npcs cannot cross the masked area either from hidden to unhidden or unhidden to hidden. It does not seem to matter if I extend the mask. I end up having to delete the token and re-add to the area we need them in. Sometimes this limits them to whatever the latest mask is . ie. the original unmasked area is now a no go...very frustrating.

Only sinces the walls update. I'm not even using walls. Not using layers. All I need is masking and occasional drawing mode. Big step backwards from my point of view.

Any hinits from anyone would be appreciated. Did MandaPandaGrrr get a workaround?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGJFantasyG View Post
    Having a similar issue. If I have a mask in play the players and my npcs cannot cross the masked area either from hidden to unhidden or unhidden to hidden. It does not seem to matter if I extend the mask. I end up having to delete the token and re-add to the area we need them in. Sometimes this limits them to whatever the latest mask is . ie. the original unmasked area is now a no go...very frustrating.

Only sinces the walls update. I'm not even using walls. Not using layers. All I need is masking and occasional drawing mode. Big step backwards from my point of view.

Any hinits from anyone would be appreciated. Did MandaPandaGrrr get a workaround?
    Mask boundaries act like walls, so, players cannot cross these Only the DM is able to do that while pressing shift

If you speak about that there are walls where non should be, then refer to Moon Wizard's answer and try to provide steps to reproduce that (and/or upload a dummy campaign where this happens)

(If I do not forget it, then I try to reproduce the bug on my own. Important, try without extensions )

The Shift thing is working so that's good. I'll see how we get on tonight...Thanks for the prompt response.

There's also a known bug in the current build where using global masking without line-of-sight and lighting will not update the token movement limiting regions correctly. We should have an update soon to address that limitation.

Regards,
    JPG

The only "fix" I found was to move them myself while holding shift. Otherwise the players are still limited regardless of mask hidden/unhidden. If there was a mask there at one point in time during the session, the tokens will not move there unless I do it for them. If the mask was gone at the beginning of the session, no problems. Just seems to be an bug with using a mask and then removing it, it's not updating properly.

Blog Entries
    Did you update with the hot fix last week that fixed this? Did you test in a new campaign with no extensions?

If it is still an issue, please attach logs and details so that it can be reproduced. See link in my signature if needed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ah, no I didn't. I will give that ago before we run again.

Thread Information