DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last
    Don't know how I didn't notice, but I guess there's a more indepth resource monitor (I was just looking at Task Manager), and while everything else is relatively normal, it's specifically CPU 2 that is spiking when the game locks up.

fguresources.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by allpraisethedm View Post
    So I tried uninstalling the game, then reinstalling it. Giving FantasyGrounds and FantasyGrounds Updater administrator rights, updating to the latest LIVE version, but still, getting lock ups. Go back to the logs and it just saved a moment ago. Since it's only happening on their device and not mine, it must be something weird with the Windows install or profile, I guess, but this is the only application they have an issue with.
    How do you give an application Administrator rights?
    Run as Admin is not recommended - it changes the way the application runs on the computer and how it can interact with other apps.

Quote Originally Posted by allpraisethedm View Post
    Don't know how I didn't notice, but I guess there's a more indepth resource monitor (I was just looking at Task Manager), and while everything else is relatively normal, it's specifically CPU 2 that is spiking when the game locks up.

fguresources.png
    The game locks up because of the CPU then, not the other way around.
    Normally this happens for a few seconds when you start the campaign, load modules or the asset windows for the first time. In normal play this should not be happening. This seems cumbersome, but have you tried a really empty campaign with no extensions and new characters? Could be some things on one of the imported characters ...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    How do you give an application Administrator rights?
    Run as Admin is not recommended - it changes the way the application runs on the computer and how it can interact with other apps.
    Changed it in application properties, but doesn't make a difference if it's on or off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    The game locks up because of the CPU then, not the other way around.
    Normally this happens for a few seconds when you start the campaign, load modules or the asset windows for the first time. In normal play this should not be happening. This seems cumbersome, but have you tried a really empty campaign with no extensions and new characters? Could be some things on one of the imported characters ...
    I'm just saying that the two events happen at the same time.

And yes, even with a new character it happens. Like I said, no issues with the campaign files or anything on another device, this specific laptop? Game constantly freezes up. It's not specifically a certain campaign, if it's hosting, if it's online or offline, full of modules, with extensions or not, etc. If the game is on this laptop and running and you try to roll or edit or do anything, once every 5 or 10 minutes, the game will lock up on you and I don't know what to do to fix it.
    Last edited by allpraisethedm; June 3rd, 2021 at 02:09.

Is is locking up on anyone else's machine that is playing in the game; or on just this one laptop?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Is is locking up on anyone else's machine that is playing in the game; or on just this one laptop?

Thanks,
    JPG
    It's just this laptop. They host a game, only the laptop has constant issues. I host a game on a different computer, only the laptop again. Not that the others don't sometimes have loading issues, but with other devices it's like once every couple hours.

What are the specifications of the laptop? (CPU, GPU, OS, HDD, make/model, ...)
    How old is it?

It seems like it might be related to the hardware or OS configuration if it’s only this one machine having the issue.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    What are the specifications of the laptop? (CPU, GPU, OS, HDD, make/model, ...)
    How old is it?

It seems like it might be related to the hardware or OS configuration if it’s only this one machine having the issue.

Regards,
    JPG
    Windows 10 Home
    i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
    Total Physical Memory 15.8 GB
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
    500GB SSD
    Eluktronic Mech-15 Laptop

Got it about two and a half years ago. No problems playing old and new games on it, except FGU.
    Last edited by allpraisethedm; June 3rd, 2021 at 16:49.

The lag can also be something to do with file sizes and bandwidth, but I doubt it. Some computers have different drivers or video card settings, or perhaps a Disc Tools running, anti-virus. Etc. Hmm
    Did you mess with V-Sync setting yet?
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    The lag can also be something to do with file sizes and bandwidth, but I doubt it. Some computers have different drivers or video card settings, or perhaps a Disc Tools running, anti-virus. Etc. Hmm
    Did you mess with V-Sync setting yet?
    I have. Also made sure nothing else that didn't need to be active was running in the background at the same time.

Thread Information