Thread: Select On Turn
May 21st, 2021, 22:40 #1
Select On Turn
This is an extension which should work in both FG Unity and FG Classic, in all CoreRPG based rulesets.
This simple extension adds the option for the DM to automatically select the token with initiative when the turn is passed. By default, Fantasy Grounds passes the turn but does not change the token selection, so another token may be selected, even if it's not its turn.
v1.1 adds a new option so that players can take advantage of this extension. Players have their own Option which allows them to control selection behavior.
- Owned - This will select ONLY PC tokens owned by the player. (Default)
- Party PCs - This will select all PCs in the combat tracker when their turn arrives.
- All Friendly - This will select on all Friendly tokens, both PC and NPC. For this option to work, Party Vision must be enabled.
This has several benefits:
- If you are using the new FG Unity lighting features, by automatically selecting the token with initiative, the map updates to show what that token sees.
- This reduces the chances of selecting targets only to realize that you are targeting from the wrong token.
Last edited by mattekure; May 21st, 2021 at 22:44.For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e
May 31st, 2021, 01:31 #2
Thank you! Despite years of using FG I still mistarget things all the time due to improper token selection. This extension will save me from boatloads of frustration! And it works with CoreRPG Has Initiative Indicator!
Last edited by Tabarkus; May 31st, 2021 at 01:37.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)