STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 21 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    I think I've solved it. the spell from my original pictures was from another campaign, and the spell didn't have the comma between the Trait words.

Secondly, if the NPC is visible, the save result is shown, but if the NPC is invisible, the save result is missing, even though it's on the GM side.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    I think I've solved it. the spell from my original pictures was from another campaign, and the spell didn't have the comma between the Trait words.
    It shouldn't make a difference, but just wanted to see if it did.

Secondly, if the NPC is visible, the save result is shown, but if the NPC is invisible, the save result is missing, even though it's on the GM side.
    That makes sense. This is a complete edge case that I never considered when designing this. The PCROLL system is meant to allow players to roll their saving throws, instead of the GM auto triggering their saving throw roll. I didn't initially consider that GMs would be using it like you have been in this testing - i.e. GMs using a PC sheet to target NPCs and using PCROLL for the NPC save. But, it's an edge case that I suppose could happen, so I'll see about fixing the save result not being added to the PCROLL effect for hidden NPCs.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 28th, 2021 at 10:30.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I think GMs do make rolls on behalf of Players, so it does happen. But the save result should be seen on the GM side irrespective of if the NPC is hidden or not? I’m thinking of hidden/invisible NPCs caught in an AoE spell.

I think GMs do make rolls on behalf of Players, so it does happen.
    But why would the GM use PCROLL functionality for making rolls on behalf of the players? Just click the "save" button and let FG do the auto rolls.

The PCROLL functionality is purely to allow the players to roll their saving throw themselves. It doesn't give any new functionality. It just replaces the auto roll with the players making the rolls - because some players complain about FG making the roll for them. It's purely ascetics.

If a GM is making a roll it will be much quicker and efficient for them to use the auto roll, just as would have before Release 18.

But the save result should be seen on the GM side irrespective of if the NPC is hidden or not? I’m thinking of hidden/invisible NPCs caught in an AoE spell.
    Yes, I agree.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I should of said that GMs make rolls for PCs in some cases, not all the time. The issue is with the PCROLL function turned on, the auto roll doesn’t work. I’d want the PCROLL function turned off in that case.

But if can’t be done, then it’s no biggie.

Hold down ALT while clicking the save button to reverse the current PCROLL setting - i.e. use PCROLL if it's not set, and use auto roll if PCROLL is set in the campaign options.

I am sorry if this is obvious, but I have a swashbuckler in my party. I noticed they have not yet been automated so I am trying to do the automation. I got stuck on Keen flair.
    You inflict particularly devastating attacks on even well-defended foes. When you Strike with a weapon or unarmed attack with which you have master proficiency, if you roll a 19 on the
    die and the roll is a success, you critically succeed instead.
    is there a way to automate this?

Quote Originally Posted by thyrax View Post
    I am sorry if this is obvious, but I have a swashbuckler in my party. I noticed they have not yet been automated so I am trying to do the automation. I got stuck on Keen flair.
    You inflict particularly devastating attacks on even well-defended foes. When you Strike with a weapon or unarmed attack with which you have master proficiency, if you roll a 19 on the
    This can't be automated right now.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 28th, 2021 at 16:24.

Quote Originally Posted by thyrax View Post
    I have a swashbuckler too. If you could share anything that can be coded, I would be most grateful.

One of my players has a Swashbuckler and at least the extra Damage from Panache can be semi-automated:

Have two weapons, one regular and one for finishers.
    Make a Spell that gives you an effect called Panache (plus any bonus effects you'd get from it like increased acrobatics or whatnot).

In the first weapon, add the following effect:
    IF: Custom (Panache); DMG: +2 precision
    In the second weapon, just add the 2d6 precision damage manually.

Now you can give yourself Panache whenever you need and while it applies you'll automatically deal the bonus damage when using the first weapon. When you make a finisher, use the second weapon.

It would be great if there was an effect that could remove other effects in order to automate it better and eschew the need for two separate weapons, but I don't think there is.

Note that I made a thread with visualisation here:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...che-automation
    Last edited by Montis; June 3rd, 2021 at 16:44. Reason: fixed the code, sorry it was slightly incorrect before, added link to thread

Thread Information