DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 21 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zieg View Post
    I found one issue with FILTER command.

If the first thing you write in the automation text box is FILTER ie. FILTER:Class=Barbarian[EFFECT char DMG: +2 circumstance] it won't apply on a Barbarian character. I worked around this using [NONE] first: [NONE]FILTER:Class=Barbarian[EFFECT char DMG: +2 circumstance]
    Thanks for reporting. I've identified the issue and it will be fixed in the next release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Zieg View Post
    This happens when I try to create a focus spell class from a Feat or from a look up data.

Attachment 47446

I guess this is some kind of bug? or do you have something hardcoded to give cloistered clerics a spell focus class? cause I tried just adding the cloistered cleric lookup data entry and it creates a spell focus class on itself.
    Revisiting this. I misunderstood your original question/issue. Sorry for that.

As you guessed, there is some code that adds the focus class automatically - if a feat is named "domain initiate" the base focus class will be added in the code. Having automation in that feat will also be executed - hence why you got two focus spells. Sorry for not being on the same wavelength.

I've amended the ruleset code to not do the default operation if there's any automation in the record (most other record types work this way already). This will be in a future release. Thanks for pointing out the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Don't worry, I'm happy for being of some help.

Weapon Specialization

Maybe I'm missing something or maybe it's not possible, but is this ability automated? or do I have to add 2 to the damage of each weapon i'm Expert in?

Thanks for the work you do.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by DalatWest View Post
    Weapon Specialization

Maybe I'm missing something or maybe it's not possible, but is this ability automated? or do I have to add 2 to the damage of each weapon i'm Expert in?
    Handle it manually.

I'm not exactly sure what's happening, but Toughness automation is not being applied. I just noticed this in 18G, but we last created characters on release 17b, so I don't know when it appeared.

I've tested on 2 characters, applying Toughness at level 1 and then at level 3. The automation [HP miscperlevel +1] is in the 18G rulebook. Out of curiosity, I cloned it and removed the + so it reads [HP miscperlevel 1] as it does in the reference doc. Neither one will add the automated HP.

Surprisingly, though, if you remove toughness, it DOES decrement miscperlevel by 1 -- so if you add it, and then remove it, the level +/- indicator becomes -1. (You can repeat this as much as you want, as well; it will decrement by 1 every time. Though WHY you'd want to do that...)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdummy View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what's happening, but Toughness automation is not being applied. I just noticed this in 18G, but we last created characters on release 17b, so I don't know when it appeared.

I've tested on 2 characters, applying Toughness at level 1 and then at level 3. The automation [HP miscperlevel +1] is in the 18G rulebook. Out of curiosity, I cloned it and removed the + so it reads [HP miscperlevel 1] as it does in the reference doc. Neither one will add the automated HP.

Surprisingly, though, if you remove toughness, it DOES decrement miscperlevel by 1 -- so if you add it, and then remove it, the level +/- indicator becomes -1. (You can repeat this as much as you want, as well; it will decrement by 1 every time. Though WHY you'd want to do that...)
    Thanks for reporting. This issue has already been identified and the fix is with SmiteWorks for release with the Tuesday updates next week.

Not sure if this is related to the HP issue above but want to be sure I'm approaching this correctly. I am trying to automate an effect to an item when equipped. The effect is HEAL: 10 temp which was the standard for NPC automation. I also noticed the HP 10 in the latest notes. I have tried [EFFECT equip HEAL: 10 temp], [EFFECT equip HP: 10] and while both add the effect to the character when equipped, it does not add the temporary or additional HP in the combat tracker. Am I doing something wrong?

Is there or will there be any way to give temporary hit points a duration? Often they only last 1 round and people forget that they should remove them afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    Is there or will there be any way to give temporary hit points a duration? Often they only last 1 round and people forget that they should remove them afterwards.
    I imagine Trenloe plans on trying to support almost all of the rules in the long run.

Out of curiosity, what have you been finding that lasts only 1 round? It seems to me that most Temporary Hit Points I come across have a 1 minute duration (10 rounds).
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Thread Information