STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 21 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    According to the doc, focus spells are extra
    -- <spell class name> - The name of the spell class to create on the actions tab. Note - this is currently ignored for focus spell classes, and “Focus Spells” will be used.

So I guess add focus|Focus Spells| is redundant and it should be [SPELLCLASS add focus|divine|wisdom|trained|1]
    Ignored doesn't mean don't include something. You still need to include something for the field. Otherwise the code won't extract the correct information.

@Zieg - I'm still considering exactly how to code Focus Spells. For now, keep using it as is (i.e. a spell class called "Focus Spells" will be created).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok. But command syntax wasn't the question.

What I was showing in the image is that when you create a focus spellclass from a Feat it creates two instances of focus spellclass at once, and this issue also happens when you add it from the Other tab from a Lookup data.

Quote Originally Posted by Zieg View Post
    Ok. But command syntax wasn't the question.

What I was showing in the image is that when you create a focus spellclass from a Feat it creates two instances of focus spellclass at once, and this issue also happens when you add it from the Other tab from a Lookup data.
    I was replying to your question. I'm still considering exactly how to code Focus Spells.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I just posted this to Reddit under the Pathfinder2e sub.

Wow, it's definitely a tough crowd over there if it isn't free or Foundry. If you are a fan of FGU, please pop over and share some support.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder2...grounds_unity/

I... won't go evangelizing FGU on Reddit. It's a losing battle.

I won't get into one vs. the other here, or anywhere else. (And each have advantages over the other) My party has tried both, and prefers FGU, so FGU is where we will be.

The sad part is that most people are more than willing to pirate, or try to get everything as free as possible. I'm not going to pretend like I've never pirated things in the past, but I also wouldn't go out of my way to insult those who won't. The reality is that once the people who are working for free don't release something in what the community feels is a timely manner, they are going to jump all over them. Sadly the internet anonymity easily causes these types of issues.

When I decided to go with Fantasy Grounds, I looked at Roll20, and I looked at Foundry. The first thing I noticed, was while Foundry had a lot more content for free, There was no real way to know what was being worked on, and who was working on it. Roll20 automation left much to be desired. Fantasy grounds was definitely the most costly, but you get what you pay for, and my players and I have been nothing but happy with our experience.

Quote Originally Posted by prknickspr View Post
    The sad part is that most people are more than willing to pirate, or try to get everything as free as possible. I'm not going to pretend like I've never pirated things in the past, but I also wouldn't go out of my way to insult those who won't. The reality is that once the people who are working for free don't release something in what the community feels is a timely manner, they are going to jump all over them. Sadly the internet anonymity easily causes these types of issues.

When I decided to go with Fantasy Grounds, I looked at Roll20, and I looked at Foundry. The first thing I noticed, was while Foundry had a lot more content for free, There was no real way to know what was being worked on, and who was working on it. Roll20 automation left much to be desired. Fantasy grounds was definitely the most costly, but you get what you pay for, and my players and I have been nothing but happy with our experience.
    +1000
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

I'd rather show the power of FGU than to argue with the reddit bubble.
    I've though about doing a rather "complete" OGL/SRD for PF2e, without extended automation of course, but wasn't sure if that would be even wanted (also effecting sales, I don't know ). Not to further derail this original thread.

Speaking of showcasing FGU for Pathfinder 2E. Has any of our Fantasy Grounds College folks streamed any of the new modules or better yet the Ruins of Guantlight mega dungeon.

I am running it now with my group and we love FGU and the automation. I think the mega dungeon is one of the better ways to showcase Fantasy grounds Unity as its all about lighting, ambient lighting and more. Trenloe & Shade have done such an amazing job with monster and character automation that showing this in a promoted stream (I feel) would sway many folks on the fence about freeware vrs Quality.
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

The automations coming out for PF2 on FGU are nothing short of amazing. The lighting too. Release 18 was spectacular. And then I saw what Trenloe has planned for Release 19, and I'm already impatient. And SR has already gone back and retroactively added so much stuff, saving me a TON of work. FGU is the place to be.

Thread Information