5E Character Create Playlist

Narrative iniciative extension request (5E)

Hello everyone!

So, long ago I stumbled upon this marvelous post:

https://lootthebody.org/2017/08/04/t...tiative-in-dd/

tl;dr: Everyone acts kinda when they want to, and as soon as everyone has had their turn, the next round begins..

My solution is to simply create a custom effect called "acted", and as soon a creature (be it a player o an npc) acts, I drop that status on them. As for marking the current turn, I use the button in the combat tracker to give each actor their turn when they request it.

However... The only downside is that with lots of combatants (for example I had 5 players versus around 8 or 9 enemies, so around 14 combatants) It gets a little tiresome to look for those combatants which have not yet taken their turn (the ones without the "acted" effect).

How complicated would it be to make a little extension that showed at the top of the Combat Tracker those combatants that have yet to take their turn? Of course it would help if instead of a custom effect this would be marked somehow different in the combat tracker..

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone, have a splendid week.

Quote Originally Posted by Naimed View Post
    How complicated would it be to make a little extension that showed at the top of the Combat Tracker those combatants that have yet to take their turn? Of course it would help if instead of a custom effect this would be marked somehow different in the combat tracker.
    If you leave initiative fields initially blank and type something into it when the turn has been taken, all the empty fields will go to the bottom.

That is actually a very clever method, I did not think about this!! Thanks a bunch!

It wouldn't be too hard to write an extension that clears everyone's initiative on every new turn. It also wouldn't be impossible to automatically set an actor's initiative automatically whenever they take an action. I might try it out if there's interest?

Thread Information