DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Could there be something done for the Spiritual Weapon spell when used by NPCs?
    Will the GM always have to create a weapon entry or is it possible to code it with all the extensions available to us?

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Do you know if there is a way to merge/layer modules without duplication?

For example:
    layer 1: spellbook with all spells requiring no extensions
    layer2: spellbook overwriting spells changed by fulloverlaypackage
    layer3: spellbook overwriting spells changed by extended ac bonus types
    etc

If so, it could really reduce time spent maintaining the modules and also help with avoiding excessive extension requirements
    I am not aware of any such capability. But I'll do some research and see if I can find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoredran View Post
    Could there be something done for the Spiritual Weapon spell when used by NPCs?
    Will the GM always have to create a weapon entry or is it possible to code it with all the extensions available to us?
    The problem with this spell is not, in my mind, just the limitation of the effects or extensions that modify effects. It's also an issue with the variables of the weapon that the spell won't know about.

Specifically the variable threat range and critical multiplies that are dependent on what weapon you summon. As far as I know there is no way to have an effect roll a crit based on a threat attack roll. And even if you could the spell has no way to know what the threat range and critical multiplier would be as it doesn't know what weapon you are summoning.

Additionally, we have the fact that it can get multiple attacks based on the caster's Base Attack Bonus. I don't think their is any way in the effects to adjust the number of attacks based on Base Attack Bonus.

If anyone does have suggestions for handling this I would be happy to implement them in the Spellbook.

Version 1.2 has been uploaded.

A huge thank you to Khoredan for identifying additional spells that can benefit from the Full Overlay effect options.

The following spells have been updated with effects from the Full Overlay Extension

Effect Number Adjustments
    • Anticipate Peril
    • Aroden's Magic Army
    • Blasphemy
    • Book Ward
    • Bullet Shield
    • Burst Bonds
    • Dance of a Hundred Cuts
    • Dance of a Thousand Cuts
    • Dazzling Blade
    • Dazzling Blade, Mass
    • Divine Power
    • Draconic Reservoir
    • Healing Warmth
    • Protection from Energy
    • Protection from Energy, Communal
    • Ray of Enfeeblement
    • Touch of Gracelessness

CL/3 (thirdcl)
    • Acid Arrow
    • Elemental Touch
    • Torrent of Elemental Rage

DC
    • Eagle's Splendor
    • Eagle's Splendor, Mass
    • Fox's Cunning
    • Fox's Cunning, Mass
    • Owl's Wisdom
    • Owl's Wisdom , Mass

IFTAG
    • Vengeful Comets

Will the "Upgrade NPC Action" extension still work with this version?

If you look at the Upgrade NPC Action extension thread, I already asked bmos and he already pushed an update to make it compatible, so Enjoy!

Missing these:

Delay disease: missing IFTAG and duration wrong
    Delay Disease; IFTAG: disease; SIMMUNE
    Duration: 1440 minutes

Delay poison: missing IFTAG
    Delay Poison; IFTAG: poison; SIMMUNE

Defending bone: missing duration
    60 minutes / level

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Missing these:

Delay disease: missing IFTAG and duration wrong
    Delay Disease; IFTAG: disease; SIMMUNE
    Duration: 1440 minutes

Delay poison: missing IFTAG
    Delay Poison; IFTAG: poison; SIMMUNE

Defending bone: missing duration
    60 minutes / level
    Thanks Svandal.

I have added the duration to the Defending Bone spell.

For Delay Disease the duration is already set to 1 day. For spells that have duration's of days I don't set them to minutes. I assume that no one is every going to run through 14,400 rounds of combat, which is what would be needed to make those expire. My assumption for spells that last a day or longer is that the spell will be manually removed when the appropriate time has expired.

Delay Poison and Delay Disease don't actually make the recipient immune to those affects they just delay the effects until the Delay spell has expired. So we can't actually use the SIMMUNE effect. If anything I would think it's actually the opposite, you would want the spell effect to be put on the target as a reminder to start making saves and applying effects after the Delay spell expires.

I think Svandal's reasoning for putting in duration into minutes is because if you aren't using an extension that changes the parsing of spells, when CoreRPG/3.5E parses the spells, any durations of hours or days get removed. If they are in minutes, they stay attached to the spell/effects.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Thanks Svandal.

I have added the duration to the Defending Bone spell.

For Delay Disease the duration is already set to 1 day. For spells that have duration's of days I don't set them to minutes. I assume that no one is every going to run through 14,400 rounds of combat, which is what would be needed to make those expire. My assumption for spells that last a day or longer is that the spell will be manually removed when the appropriate time has expired.

Delay Poison and Delay Disease don't actually make the recipient immune to those affects they just delay the effects until the Delay spell has expired. So we can't actually use the SIMMUNE effect. If anything I would think it's actually the opposite, you would want the spell effect to be put on the target as a reminder to start making saves and applying effects after the Delay spell expires.
    But if we dont have an SIMMUNE you dont get any reminders that you have delay poison on you when rolling saves, especially for those spells with the poison (and disease) tags that are not obvious like cloudkill. But I would think this is a matter of taste.

As for duration one day. At the start of the day the GM uses clear expiring effect to clear everything in the combat tracker with a duration (or let 1 day pass with the time manager extension) that is why I want a duration on every spell.

Thread Information