STAR TREK 2d20

Low-Light Vision

Hello,

How can I apply Low-Light Vision with the last release ?
    Is it by a custom effect ?
    If so, how create it ?

Thanks for help

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlock View Post
    Hello,

If so, how create it ?

Thanks for help
    Low-light vision is currently not implemented, and it is probably unlikely that it will be added in the next time due to performance considerations

See also the answer of Moon Wizard here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post600748 (and the discussion afterwards )

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlock View Post
    Hello,

If so, how create it ?

Thanks for help
    Maybe apply darkness to them while they are in dark areas without light sources.

we'd really do well if they introduced a variable to interrogate what the 'light condition' of a token is, ie: dim, low, bright, whatever the additive is, then we could implement misschance etc for dim places

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    we'd really do well if they introduced a variable to interrogate what the 'light condition' of a token is, ie: dim, low, bright, whatever the additive is, then we could implement misschance etc for dim places
    Like this?
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=136429

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    why, exactly like that

*rattles the cages*

Well, with the genius idea of Timberbeast in the Laboratory, I was able to simulate low-light vision by adding a light layer made of only dim light above the normal lights with twice the radius. Just by activating/deactivating the Light bulb of the layer, I can show the players with low-light vision what they can see. Now, if we had the option to share a light map layer with only a selection of players (the ones with Low-Light vision) instead of all of them, we would solve the Low-Light vision issue completely!

NormalLight.jpg
    LowLight.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Khoredran View Post
    Well, with the genius idea of Timberbeast in the Laboratory, I was able to simulate low-light vision by adding a light layer made of only dim light above the normal lights with twice the radius. Just by activating/deactivating the Light bulb of the layer, I can show the players with low-light vision what they can see. Now, if we had the option to share a light map layer with only a selection of players (the ones with Low-Light vision) instead of all of them, we would solve the Low-Light vision issue completely!

NormalLight.jpg
    LowLight.jpg
    I was totally with you it being genius, until we we're back to square one of not being able to do something

Not sure how that would work with token lights because those lights aren't on a layer...it's tied to their character. I'm leaning towards changing lowlight in my PF1 game to operate as it does in PF2.

Thread Information