DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FG Classic - Connection Issue

Yesterday my group met up for the usual session. Been using FG for about a year with Ultimate license hosting as DM for 2 different groups. I have spent several hours today and yesterday digging around attempting different forum discussions but have not found a solution yet.

My connection was green, I got a success on the test, firewall route is all set. But players could not connect to me. Nothing different or odd about this particular session we did everything as we usually do.

Usually when they are connecting I can see the log of them connecting to the game before they are even fully loaded up. I received no such logs at all. My players told me they were waiting an abnormally long time for the connection to establish and would never complete the link.

I run FG (v3.3.15 ULTIMATE) on a Mac. It's not Unity I don't think.

I tried to find the logs you mentioned but the logs button on the load screen is not on the left and nothing pops up when my players try to connect when I entered /console in the chat.

Any help muchly appreciated, thank you
    Last edited by Japes; May 14th, 2021 at 01:03.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Japes View Post
    Yesterday my group met up for the usual session. Been using FG for about a year with Ultimate license hosting as DM for 2 different groups. I have spent several hours today and yesterday digging around attempting different forum discussions but have not found a solution yet.

My connection was green, I got a success on the test, firewall route is all set. But players could not connect to me. Nothing different or odd about this particular session we did everything as we usually do.

Usually when they are connecting I can see the log of them connecting to the game before they are even fully loaded up. I received no such logs at all. My players told me they were waiting an abnormally long time for the connection to establish and would never complete the link.

I run FG (v3.3.15 ULTIMATE) on a Mac. It's not Unity I don't think.

I tried to find the logs you mentioned but the logs button on the load screen is not on the left and nothing pops up when my players try to connect when I entered /console in the chat.

Any help muchly appreciated, thank you
    Hi Japes could you try restarting your internet connection?
    The connection is establishing and then failing so something is not working 100%

Thanks for the help damned.

I restarted my whole laptop twice in an attempt to rattle something into place. Tried connecting on wifi and hotspot. No luck.

Blog Entries
    Hi Japes it is very unlikely you got a connection pass test on Hotspot.
    Can you reboot your router and then make sure you get a successful connection test?
    Who is your ISP?

Hi damned,

I have been using this setup for over a year. A friend runs my hotspot connection through his computer through Tunnelblick. The details are over my head but it works and has worked on a hotspot, for over a year.

The connection test shows a success.

If you give me steps to follow, I can get more details to you. Please trust what I tell you is accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Japes View Post
    The connection test shows a success.
    This suggests you're using FG Classic. Can you confirm this is the case? If so, the connection test only applies to the GM, not the player; and the connection architecture is different from the usual connection process for FG Unity.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This suggests you're using FG Classic. Can you confirm this is the case? If so, the connection test only applies to the GM, not the player; and the connection architecture is different from the usual connection process for FG Unity.
    Yes can confirm it is Classic.

My original post is on page 46. Been a bit swamped lately to tackle the problem but keen on trying everything I can.

Moved this discussion to its own thread in the House of Healing - Classic forum. Hopefully I moved all the relevant posts.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Moved this discussion to its own thread in the House of Healing - Classic forum. Hopefully I moved all the relevant posts.
    Thank you! Appreciate the help

Thread Information