DICE PACKS BUNDLE

DB Node name changes in latest update

So I found out that the node names in the db.xml file changed recently.

5E ruleset

for example, if you pull a power name of:
    ATTENTION: Update Saved Stats

And make a node using the name, it becomes:
    <ATTENTION_Update_Saved_Stats>

Additionally:
    Circle of Power (S-30) (C) =

becomes:
    <Circle_of_Power__S-30___C___>

Since everything becomes an underscore and a colon becomes nothing... this makes making a node from the names and then later accessing the nodes is causing me some issues...

is there a function that converts the text string into the proper node string? or any advice on how to make a script to remove all spaces and special characters? That might work as well...

I've been beating my head over this for a bit and am just becoming frustrated.

~Diablobob

The node names have not changed in the 5E ruleset as far as I know. Where are you getting module data that looks like that?

XML tags can not contain certain characters (such as colon and space); so invalid characters in XML tags are converted to underscores to prevent the database from becoming invalid XML.

Regards,
    JPG

Something was wrong then previously. As of a recent update I’ve been hunting an error I’ve been getting and I’ve seen that there were previously special characters allowed in the db.xml and recently changed to the expected behavior you mentioned.

I’m guessing previously they were being converted to the xml tag for the special char but now they are not. I’ve found a solution to my issue, but didn’t know if the change was intentional. No worries. Thank you for the reply

Thread Information