FG Spreadshirt Swag

Do the Sci-Fi and/or Superpower Companions work with SWADE?

Hello everybody,

just couldnīt find a clear answer to this:

Will the Sci-Fi and Super Powers Companion still work with SWADE in FG?

And, when I have you attention already, can one use them without muche trouble in SWADE?

From what I heard they should still be pretty muche compatible just from the material, exept a few things like charisma and suche things.
    I feel like they should, since they do refere to them in the SWADE Core Book.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Kimpanter
    "... and then he accidently animated the corn and it ... it kickt our asses man. We didnīt stand a chance once it got hold of some weapons. Lost two good men to it and still, to this day, I do not dare to walk past any cornfields in my way." - Alan Com, halfing rouge, hates wildmages and corn.

Yes and no, while the edges are largely ok there will be some discrepancies between them.

The biggest issue for Super Power is that SWADE uses Attributes (Skills) for offensive and generally Abilities for defending (Agility, Spirit, etc.)

SPC based in Deluxe has powers that say to use Spirit, Smarts, etc for Activation. Which can be a little unbalanced since, it was suggested and we have been using it that "Focus" as a general catch all for those powers. As we discovered it after starting player I gave everyone Focus @ their Spirit level free. Upgrading has been on them after that.

The other big issue is that NPCs dont necessarily have basic skills that they should. Physical type characters dont have Athletics where they would in SWADE, stuff like Aquatic which uses Athletic die as swimming speed or melee characters that would need athletics for grappling

SFC is probably going to largely differ in racial abilities and vehicles. While the changes to vehicles is largely minor it would be on all of them. Racial abilities I dont changed too much over all but would need checked.

Thanks Mgracey, this helps me a lot!
    "... and then he accidently animated the corn and it ... it kickt our asses man. We didnīt stand a chance once it got hold of some weapons. Lost two good men to it and still, to this day, I do not dare to walk past any cornfields in my way." - Alan Com, halfing rouge, hates wildmages and corn.

The only thing I noticed with the SciFi Companion, was that the Climb and ACC were missing for vehicles. Which due to having some homebrewed rules around flying atmospheric, vehicles, was a deal breaker. I had bigger problems with Weird Wars II, where I use the same houserules for aircraft. Easily remedied by just buying the SWD ruleset in a sale, which cost me all of about $8 CDN.

Hmm, it would be fairly easy to add them back as an extension in all truth. You wouldn't have any automation really but just as values it would be fairly easy to put them back I think. Might be better off just adding in the Notes section for the vehicle.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

The free PEG conversion guide for the SFC offers quick and dirty guidance for converting Climb into Handling modified by ACC. Even though I own the SFC for FG, I haven’t looked at it in awhile, so I’m not sure if this was done for SWADE or not.
    Last edited by mac40k; May 19th, 2021 at 15:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    Hmm, it would be fairly easy to add them back as an extension in all truth. You wouldn't have any automation really but just as values it would be fairly easy to put them back I think. Might be better off just adding in the Notes section for the vehicle.
    Well I made a post about what it'd take to create an extension that added ACC and Climb back a while ago, but didn't get any replies. Only having the ACC and Climb fields on a vehicle sheet would be fine. My houserules for aircraft/atmospheric vehicles mostly involves a zonal map and moving vehicle tokens around it. All of the rolls still use the Piloting or Shooting skill and just involve core play mechanics, so no automation really needs to be added. I've modified a few sheets for other rulesets and while the actual XML and script changes haven't been too difficult, locating all the files that need to be modified in the extracted rulesets was very challenging, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    The free PEG conversion guide for the SFC offers quick and dirty guidance for converting Climb into Handling modified by ACC. Even though I own the SFC for FG, I haven’t looked at it in awhile, so I’m not sure if this was done for SWADE or not.
    The problem is my players aren't interested in playing solely with a Handling stat. They like the use of ACC and Climb in SWD and don't find combining those into a Handling stat appealing at all. The current SciFi Companion was indeed created for SWD and when the module is enabled in a SWADE campaign, the ACC and Climb stats disappear from vehicle sheets. The same's true for FG Weird Wars II. My solution was to just buy the SWD ruleset and run the campaigns that use my houserules with it instead. My players that play in my SciFi and Weird Wars homebrewed campaigns were content enough with SWD, so it hasn't been a problem. I also have a good deal of experience with adapting SWADE to SWD, as I never replaced my players' 4 SWD softcovers with the much more costly SWADE hardcovers. So long before Pinnacle Ent ever made their new-rules-changes PDF available (heck even before their hardcovers available to LGSs), I'd created my own new SWADE rules supplement for SWD tabletop play.
    Last edited by kronovan; May 19th, 2021 at 18:54.

Thread Information